What's new

Kobe killer set free

Hachiko

後輩
17 Jan 2004
A 21-year-old man who strangled and decapitated a boy and bludgeoned a girl to death when he was 14 in one of Japan's most notorious juvenile crimes was paroled Wednesday, having spent more than six years at a medical reformatory, the Justice Ministry announced.

Japan Times

Scary. Scary that he only got 7 years and scary that his name will still be withheld. I think everyone should know his name and know that he was the one who did that.

The place of residence will not be released so he can quietly obtain work and become able to support himself, Obata said.

Awww, how nice. He will just be able to blend into society like nothing ever happened.

It seems like it was just yesterday when all this happened. Just seems too soon and too generous...

he was 14, i think it's the same deal over with that boy who killed that little girl, using some moves he learned from watching wrestling...
i may have the info wrong, everytime the news mentioned it, i would get up and leave, or change the channel
its a sad situation all around :(

Kobe Killer *update*

Before i moved to Tokyo i was living in the town where this guy was relocated. His identity somehow slipped out (but he was living under an assumed name of course) and the people in town knew he was living there, and even the neighborhood he was living in! My girlfriend was afraid to go out by herself at night knowing he was for the most part free to walk around. He had a guardian watching him but the watching period was due to expire last December. It was a freakish experience -- I kept thinking I saw him here or there -- because I actually saw a picture of his face. The good news is, he was put in jail (now as an adult) for following some kid around. We were so totally relieved!

So, if you were worried that he might be out there somewhere, he's no longer free. And since he's not a minor anymore I suppose he'll not get out anytime soon.

Hachiko's quote said:
A 21-year-old man ......was paroled Wednesday, having spent more than six years at a medical reformatory, the Justice Ministry announced.
Sekaijin said:
He had a guardian watching him but the watching period was due to expire last December. It was a freakish experience -- I kept thinking I saw him here or there -- because I actually saw a picture of his face. The good news is, he was put in jail (now as an adult) for following some kid around.
I wonder if the Welfare Ministry as well as the Justice Ministry is involved in this. In order for the "program" to be successful, he should not only be policed, but also given ample, quality support. Age of 21 is really not a time a person can settle down, but still a time to explore, find, and mold oneself, at least from my experience. Those can be difficult times for anyone.

Does Japan have a fail safe program for him/others? Really makes you wonder if people in Justice are thinking for the common good. At least they seem to have prevented one possible abberation, but how can anyone be sure? How hard are they trying to convince the public?

the wrestling moves one is much more different then decapitation, for one the wrestling moves were the boys fault, they leave that advertisement on the smackdown shows for a reason, dont try this at home..but err, i just think killing is all wrong..

yeah, in the trial, if you were talking about the wrestling one they tried to get hulk hogan in the trial to explain the moves look real but they're fakr he didnt show up though....

Back
Top Bottom