What's new

Kiddy learning resources

f0rk0

Dust Bunny
7 Mar 2005
I have a request for you, guys.

Do you know of any websites that have content designed to be comprehended by Japanese kids?

Let's just say that's as much Japanese as I can digest right now. 😌
Something very basic and simple.

Examples would be:

http://www.chikinramen.com/school.html

ひらがなぶろぐ

An online kiddy radio would even be better, but I'll be happy get pretty much anything.. so long as it's simple enough.

Thank you.

I think nana is a really good one. I still can't comprehend some of the stuff nana writes about. *i feel really dumb* but I am still learning :p

Tsuyoiko - it wasn't quite what I was looking for ( still a bit too hard for me ), but I was able to poke around and find other interesting goodies from the website you have provided.

Damicci - me too. I am having a hard time even with elementary Japanese.
But I figured if I can at least learn to read hiragana and katakan fluently, it will be easier to understand the grammar structure and vocabulary.

Lexico - thank you! 📣 I am going to take a closer look at it in a moment.
I love that it has sound clips - extremely useful.

As for the websites I dug out following Tsuyoiko link (in case there is someone still interested in these resources):

Kanji organized into different grade levels (all in Japanese for the Japanese). They even show you the order of the brushstrokes and the direction, very nice:

筆順教室(ひつじゅん きょうしつ)
--------------------------------------

Four-panel comics, for the most part.. Which I cannot really read because of the dreaded kanji. But hopefully it will be useful to someone else.

ハッピーホーム
------------------------------------------

I don't think this is anything bad. I haven't had the chance to spend much time on it, but this website looks a bit like that NaNa blog.

みんなのたあ坊おもしろ心理ゲーム
-------------------------------------------------------

And finally, there is yahoo in Japanese for children. Much of it is yet to be explored:

Yahoo!きっず
---------------------------------------------------------

I don't mean to spam with a bunch of links, just trying to be of use as well as get help from others. Like a big happy family. ;-)

I like the big happy family idea !

There're also bi/multilingual sites;
The Lives of Japanese Elementary School Students
日本の小学生生活 Life of Primary Schoolers

Kids' Japan
Kids' Japan

Shoko Sensei Home Page
Shoko-sensei's Japanese Room

なつかしい童謡・唱歌・わらべ歌・寮歌・民謡・歌謡 A huge Japanese song Database including children's songs and folk music.

地図 Mapion(マピオン)|地図検索/ルート検索/天気予報
Japan's Geography database

青空文庫 Aozora Bunko
Electronic library of Japanese Literature

http://sp.cis.iwate-u.ac.jp/sp/lesson/ This doesn't look kiddie-oriented, but looks well organised... is it ?

75 links for English or Japanese pages searched for 小学生の国語教室

743 links for English or Japanese pages searched for 小学生の国語

I hope that doesn't turn into a wild goose chase. 😊

Last edited:
Those are excellent. I spend hours poking around.

My head feels heavier with Japanese already! Thank you lots. 👍

Back
Top Bottom