Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
takakuarimasensdesuta = Was not expensive
takakunakattadesu = Was not expensive

They both mean the same, right?

takakuarimasen("s" is unnecessary)deshita

Yes. The former one is more polite.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure. I notice the spelling mistake now also.

The important thing is that it is just a slip between your brain and your fingers and not a slip between your brain and your mouth. If you say "desuta" instead of "deshita", that's not good.

Small errors in Japanese pronunciation lead to more problems making yourself understood than small errors in English pronunciation do. It is important to be careful.

Romaji sucks. Since you're learning, maybe you could not use that any more?

Thanks.

Hi Johnny
Thanks for taking note of it. I actually ran into a bit of computer problem so I had no other choice but to use it in the above post. Now I'll check here and see if I got the problem corrected.

Test: nope didn't solve the problem yet. dang.

OK, I'll something new, I'll mess around with that task bar on the bottom and see what happens.

OK, let's try this: kore wa nope can't figure out what to do now still prints out romanji or katakana.

Thanks, though.

The important thing is that it is just a slip between your brain and your fingers and not a slip between your brain and your mouth. If you say "desuta" instead of "deshita", that's not good.

Small errors in Japanese pronunciation lead to more problems making yourself understood than small errors in English pronunciation do. It is important to be careful.

Mike , I like your sense of humor. Now if I only knew what "desuta" means. I'll look it up now.

Yeah, it was all typing error. I can't get this computer to print hiragana on this forum now. I figured it out once before though, but it was just by chance and really didn't know how I did it.

Hey! Got some more good news for you.

How do I send you a private messege. Can I do it know since I donated to the forum?

How do I send you a private messege

I recently disabled private messages from people I don't follow, since I really don't like getting private messages from strangers about things which aren't the least bit private....which was practically every private message I got.

I added you to my Follow list so you should be able to send me a private message if you want. Just please keep in mind that I really don't like the damned things.

I recently disabled private messages from people I don't follow, since I really don't like getting private messages from strangers about things which aren't the least bit private....which was practically every private message I got.

I added you to my Follow list so you should be able to send me a private message if you want. Just please keep in mind that I really don't like the damned things.
ok

I understand. I'll see if it works in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom