What's new

JR line ticket S$300 for whole Japan?

choy96

後輩
17 Sep 2006
I hear from my friend say that JR line have special promotion for tourist only singapore dollar S$300 ticket can travel whole Japan JR line. I stay at japan near kyoto now and anyone have this infor pls reply me here, thks very much.

I hear from my friend say that JR line have special promotion for tourist only singapore dollar S$300 ticket can travel whole Japan JR line. I stay at japan near kyoto now and anyone have this infor pls reply me here, thks very much.

JR has a Rail Pass for 7 days for all of Japan that usually is about $250 U.S. It is no special promotion as it has been available for several years. Check the conversion rates for the Singapore dollar and the U.S. dollar and see if this is the same thing. It is worthwhile if you plan to use the bullet trains and local JR trains (remember, not all lines are JR lines) a lot.

thks ArmandV. That ticket u mention is searching by me, then where to buy this ticket? I living at Nagaike at Nara side, can i buy it on the Nagaike Train station?
today i go Kohata train station ask the worker at train station, that worker not understand what i means. ai...... Mus ka shi a....

thks ArmandV. That ticket u mention is searching by me, then where to buy this ticket? I living at Nagaike at Nara side, can i buy it on the Nagaike Train station?
today i go Kohata train station ask the worker at train station, that worker not understand what i means. ai...... Mus ka shi a....

The pass is available only for temporary visitors to Japan or Japanese citizen who are living abroad. If you are already living in Japan, I'm afraid you are not eligible for this pass...
JAPAN RAIL PASS | ジャパン・レール・パス

hey, fellow sg friend :)

Mayb i will check out the special offer. But $300 for a day is really ex. How far can i travel for a day? 😊

I check the wedsite already, i m qualifty to buy the ticket but i already in Japan now. Anyone have other method to buy this ticket ? please help.
I planing go tokyo on 3 Nov , 4 Nov and 5 Nov.

I check the wedsite already, i m qualifty to buy the ticket but i already in Japan now. Anyone have other method to buy this ticket ? please help.
I planing go tokyo on 3 Nov , 4 Nov and 5 Nov.

It seems that at least there are some agency in the US who are selling the JR Rail Pass online, but I doubt if they'll send the pass to Japan, considering its nature (i.e. to be purchased outside Japan).

Also I found this post from another forum.
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+24149
And according to this photo, the pass does show the date of issue.
http://www.travelnotes.de/japan/railroad/p333.jpg
I'm not sure how much reliable the above post is, but considering that you have to show both your passport (with visa stamp) and this pass, it could be a problem unless the person at JR to validate the pass is careless.

(Sorry if I sound so negative - I'm not posting to discourage/disappoint you but I'd like to warn you that even if you manage to get the pass while you're in Japan, there're certain risks you'll be taking.)

Back
Top Bottom