What's new

JLPT

Tomii515

やった~!
16 Feb 2006
🙂 everyone~

I want to take the JLPT 4 in December (about 99% sure I'm not going to, though 😊), so I thought I should get ready. Even ifI don't take it, it's always good to be ready just in case.

I know that there's certain kanji, vocabulary, and grammer you need. Is there anythign else? Well, anyways. I just wanted to know if there are any good websites for stuff needed for the JLPT 4. And if there aren't ANY good websites, then how about books?

Also, if you know about any websites that tell some thing about the JLPT itself... That would be nice to have.

This is just something I'd like to study just incase my mom for some odd reason says yes. I'd have to study like... ☝ lol

So, if anyone knows of any good sites, please tell me about them~

Thanks!

-Tommy

p.s. I found some sites, it's not like I'm too lazy to search google, but the websites are confusing and I dunno... 😌)

Have you looked into possible registration dates? I don't know what its like stateside, but over here in Japan, the final day for registration was today, the 11th of September. Perhaps its the same in the US.

Working through a textbook like Genki 1 will prepare you for the JLPT. There are also books available by Unicom and Kanzen Master, among other companies. Good luck. I am taking 2kyuu, and will continue lights out study through test day. I will need the luck myself...

Have you looked into possible registration dates? I don't know what its like stateside, but over here in Japan, the final day for registration was today, the 11th of September. Perhaps its the same in the US.
Working through a textbook like Genki 1 will prepare you for the JLPT. There are also books available by Unicom and Kanzen Master, among other companies. Good luck. I am taking 2kyuu, and will continue lights out study through test day. I will need the luck myself...

Ohh, ok. Thanks! Well, i don't expect to take it this year, but i wanted to... thatswhy i asked for a website about the jlpt :p

thats good, though. im getting genki soon, sincei never got it yet, so that'll help me then. And do u mean the WHOLE Genki 1 should cover the jlpt 4?☝

I'm just curious, question slightly unrelated, but how hard would the 3-kyuu and 4-kyuu be? Is there a question on it that comes to mind that would give me an idea of how hard it is?

Kind of a bad question, sorry.

EvilCowSlayer, there are practice tests at jlpt.info. If you can rummage your way through registration that is.

I got from embassy library former exams sheets.

anyway it's beyond my imagination why somebody would take the beginner exam. Better learn harder and take the the 3rd level.

4rd level is: wow, 80 kanjis, kana, few grammmar and vocabulary. Congratulations on taking test that says you do not know nothing. (that was sarcasm)

i would just like to know what i should know. if i dont know that, how could i take the 3rd?

The examinee has mastered the basic elements of grammar, knows around 100 Kanji and 800 words, and has the ability to engage in simple conversation and to read and write short, simple sentences. This level is normally reached after studying Japanese for around 150 hours and after completion of the first half of an elementary course.

http://www.jlptstudy.com/4/main.html
Japanese-Language Proficiency Test - Wikipedia

You should just go and take the tests from previous years, it's the best for you to see it with your own eyes :p

BTW:

JLPT forum admin or so said:
Note: A lot of people think that level 4 is very easy and opt to skip it and go straight to level 3. I must advise that even after living in Japan for a few years you will still find the level 4 challenging in certain aspects such as grammar. It is more difficult than you think. You may be able to get the 60% needed but very few people actually pass with 100%.

In 2006 there were 55,957 examinees.
The average score was 258.2 out of 400.
Only 17 people passed with a mark of 100% (400)
The Higest score was 400, while the lowest score was 14.

ummm.. LOL?

Back
Top Bottom