What's new

JLPT Winter 2017 Results!

OoTmaster

先輩
23 Oct 2012
I got an email advising me that 2017 Winter results are available online! I passed N4 level with a 91/180 so just barely. How did everyone else do?

Congrats!
I also passed N2, although the score is miserable (113/180). I'll take another shot on next July for higher score.
Feel embarassed, since I owned the people here especially Toritoribe for guiding me. XD

As compared to N3, reading section had many questions where the best answer would be: "For crying out loud, how do i know what did the author think. Maybe he thought: あ~あ、カレーうどん食いたいな~"

I definitely don't feel like applying for July's N1. Instead i am going to revise my plans for a trip to Japan, save some money and enroll in a language school. That will upset some people who wanted to accompany me to the trip though.

Attachments

• 合格.jpg
    合格.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 591
Congratulations on your N1! I'm proud of you!
Thank you Mike,
I still remember my first thread in jref, when I just began studying japanese around february-march 2013, you were the first one to reply to me XD -> A little help with the use of these particles (to and kara) | Japan Forum

later on I met Toritoribe san and Nekojita san , you all have been an important part of my japanese studies, Its safe to say that had not been for these forums, I would have taken a lot longer to achieve this goal

Glad to see that some of the other members here have passed the levels they took. I know I owe my success partially to some of the members here as well. So for those of you that have helped me in the past (and will in the future I'm sure.) thank you all so much.

Let us hope that the success of our friends working with the disadvantage of not being in Japan provides inspiration to those of our friends who have the advantage of being in Japan.

Congrats to all of you who passed!

I too passed the december N1 exam with a score of 157/180 (46/60 for language knowledge, 60/60 for reading, and 51/60 for listening). While I felt confident with the reading and listening part I didn't really think I would pass the grammar and vocabulary section. This is the first time I didn't prepare for the exam and I guess I got lucky. I had previously passed 1-kyū in 2005 and N1-kyū in 2010 when I had prepared with a textbook for grammar specifically.

Knowing how the test works helps with the nerves obviously. It was also a good decision (for me) to start with the reading part as it took most of my concentration and energy. Understanding the texts is not even the biggest problem but the sheer amount of text is. I do think that this part is too long.

I think that the JLPT should instead include a writing and (on a different date) a speaking section in order to test all language skills but that would of course require much more manpower and would make the test probably twice as expensive.

First of all, congrats to everyone who passed!🙂:

I passed N2 this year (125/180). It was my first time taking the JLPT, and on top of that I basically only had formal instruction in a 3-month (mandatory) intensive class when I first came to Tokyo 2 years ago; since then it's been self-study through kanji/vocab worksheets and conversations with Japanese friends.
My overall score isn't very good, but I was pleased with my listening score (49/60), and I guess considering that I just bought the Sou-matome prep book and crammed for about 10 weeks before the exam, the results weren't so terrible :emoji_sweat_smile:
Now that I have the minimum qualification (on paper) for job-hunting, I'm just focusing on improving my practical conversation skills (especially keigo, for interviews and workplace interactions) and my literacy (especially technical/academic writing, since I'm aiming to become a researcher). I have no plans for taking N1 in the next couple years, but maybe I will take it in the future if it helps my CV.
Best of luck to everyone who didn't make it this year, or those who are planning to go to the next level!:emoji_laughing:

Back
Top Bottom