What's new

JLPT question...

SkippyDaStudent85

Kendoka/Iaidoka
25 Nov 2004
I was wondering if anyone knew of a website where I could find a downloadable file or something for the Japanese Proficiency Test? I'm looking for something like a guide or whatnot.

If anyone knows of any useful books, please suggest those as well. I recently bought The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary and it is extremely useful to me. I also own a hiragana workbook, which has given me some good practice.

Thanks for any help! Or should I say "Domo, arigato gozaimasu"? :)

There are many useful books for the JLPT, depending on what your Japanese level is at.

If you are aiming for Level 2, I'd recommend the "Kanzen Masuta-" series. The 6 books in the series, with each containing about 100 pages, cover the kanjis, grammar, reading comprehension very well. The series can be purchased via Amazon Japan (about 1300yen each + shipping).

As for practicing listening, I'd think that subscription to Nihongo Journal is the best idea. You might be able to find the Journal in your local library system. If not try searching in one of the nearest kinokuniya bookstores or any other Japanese bookstores.

nhk9 said:
As for practicing listening, I'd think that subscription to Nihongo Journal is the best idea. You might be able to find the Journal in your local library system. If not try searching in one of the nearest kinokuniya bookstores or any other Japanese bookstores.

What is it this "Nihongo Journal"?

There is no Japanese bookstores in my country. Where else can i find it?

Just fyi, Nihongo Journal will publish the last edition on march. Thereafter, they will change it to Nihongo Monthly with more focus on those who are studying Japanese and taking the exams. So, it's gonna be a boon to us!

Actually Nihongo Monthly exists already... this is really sad news for NJ users, since Nihongo Monthly is actually a book that was set for those who want to TEACH Japanese, or become Japanese teachers. I have borrowed a couple of isues of Nihongo Monthly from my school's library before, and the content are not nearly as great as that of NJ's. Also, there wasn't any CDs accompanying the Nihongo Monthly, so hopefully they would change that and offer us CDs (for the listening comprehension etc.)

Check out these:

mlc language school
ocha no kanji

The first is a school in Meguro that has plenty of online material for JLPT preparation... they have some simple online evaluations as well to gauge your level for JLPT and general kanji/grammar knowledge as well.

The second link is a spreadsheet macro program that's excellent for practicing kanji and vocab. I'd say the only drawback of it is that it doesn't have a 1kyuu version, but that may not be an issue for you.

Hope that helps! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Back
Top Bottom