What's new

Japanese SDF not to go to Afghanistan

Doesn't the US have a mutual defense treaty with Japan (as well as with NATO countries)? If Japan doesn't honor its treaty obligations, then why should the US help defend Japan, if Japan is ever attacked?

The US was viciously attacked on 9/11/2001 by terrorists based in Afghanistan, who had the backing and protection of the Taliban government. I did NOT support the US invasion of Iraq because Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, and Bush lied to us about the "imminent threat" posed by Iraq's fictitious WMD.

But I did support our counter-attack on Afghanistan as a legitimate exercise of a nation's right of self defense. If our so-called allies aren't with us when we are attacked, then we Americans will know where to stand if they ever call for our help in the future.

Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan

Under the treaty, both parties assumed an obligation to maintain and develop their capacities to resist armed attack in common and to assist each other in case of armed attack on territories under Japanese administration. It was understood, however, that Japan could not come to the defense of the United States because it was constitutionally forbidden to send armed forces overseas (Article 9). In particular, the constitution forbids the maintenance of "land, sea, and air forces."
Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security Between the United States and Japan - Wikipedia

So, Japan has no obiligation, but USA has obligation.

RolandtheHeadless said:
The US was viciously attacked on 9/11/2001 by terrorists based in Afghanistan, who had the backing and protection of the Taliban government. I did NOT support the US invasion of Iraq because Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, and Bush lied to us about the "imminent threat" posed by Iraq's fictitious WMD.

But I did support our counter-attack on Afghanistan as a legitimate exercise of a nation's right of self defense. If our so-called allies aren't with us when we are attacked, then we Americans will know where to stand if they ever call for our help in the future.
Have you ever heard what Taliban said ? or what they are fighting for ?
We refused Al-Qaeda witch attacked the US but the US is still supporting Israel and they gave Israel the green light to kill Palestinean by American weapons,You must fix the main issue not the sub issue.
And about saying " I did NOT support the US invasion of Iraq because Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, and Bush lied to us about the "imminent threat" posed by Iraq's fictitious WMD." it's not enough to disagree because this won't fix the problem,of course we dont agree nor support Al-Qaeda AND we stoped/refused them,not only by words...
As i see,New attack may happen in the near future on the US or maybe war between Israel and Arab.

The US is targetting the nuclear weapon of Pakistan in the name of the war against terrorism.
I wonder why most American people is still belive thier government !

I dont mean to offend anyone but try to understand what is happening here !

Kunduz massacre: What is the German government hiding?
Ten weeks after the Kunduz massacre, the German government is still conducting a systematic cover-up. Details of the deadliest attack accounted for by German soldiers since the end of World War II only reach the public piecemeal, revealing ever-new contradictions.
Kunduz massacre: What is the German government hiding?

German troop is heavily involved in the recent massacre in Afghanistan, while official stance of German government is "Peace-Keeping".

Ongoing massacre by German or NATO in Afghanistan may be acceptable among the "Pro-human right" West. Interesting mentality, isn't it?

They must leave Afghanistan very soon,Afghani people elected Taliban and Palistinian people elected Hamas,Why dont they leave people to live their life like they want ?
We need new "Pro-human-rights" in eastern country like Japan or Malaysia or Singapore and South Korea.
Turkey from the middle east.
And Sweden from Europe.

Dutch confirm Afghan troop pullout sparking fears of domino effect
The Times & The Sunday Times

I think better of Holland than I did before, while they are supporting anti-whaling terrorists.

It is obvious that Afghan War is no-win to NATO as they are fighting with ordinary people. History clearly indicates foreign troops, using ordinary weapons, could not win local fighters in the country.

Being the same as Japanese government, Decision of Dutch government is right.

Four Norwegian soldiers in Afghanistan have been killed in a roadside bomb attack on their vehicle.

I didn't know ....
Norway has a force of about 500 soldiers in Afghanistan, deployed in Kabul and the north, as part of the Nato-led coalition.

Probably NATO cannot withdraw from Afghanistan because if they leave the country, Afghanistan will soon return to a country of terrorists (defined by the West), and back to the West supporting Israel.
I understand the dilenmma, but ...

_48196244_afghan_cas466x250gif-1.jpg

I wonder how much patient NATO countries are.

Visit Al-Jazeera news,Taliban almost kill some soldiers everyday..^______________^

Back
Top Bottom