What's new

Japanese Language SChool Cheap !

chiamwl

後輩
10 Jul 2006
:( Hi guys,
Where can I get some budget Japanese Language school in JPN ? i have no clue where to starts !! Please help !!

Are you in Japan or Malaysia? The flag says Malaysia. If you are in KL, there are a few places to go, though off the top of my head I can't remember what they are. A quick scan of the Yellow Pages should do the trick. Failing that, just call up and ask the Japanese embassy--there's a department that promotes the Japanese language and culture.

If you're in Japan, most language schools have some sort of Japanese class ... at the very least, I know Berlitz offers them. ^_^

I'm sorry, but "budget Japanese school in Japan" sounds like a contradiction in terms to me, unless you can get a scholarship for yourself.

Well, there are free classes taught by volunteers for anyone that already has room and board. :p Beyond that I'm afraid I can't be of much help until the question gets more specific.

Check with the city office. Many cities offer free or cheap Japanese classes. Allso check if your city has an International center. They can often set you up with a tutor at a very cheap rate.

can one get a student visa just for the intent of attending free classes? I thought the institution had to sign off on it.

I suppose the 90 day visitor visa would be sufficient to get some learning done (though I'm not sure what kind of documentation Malaysians qualify for). If this is the route you wish to take, I would strongly suggest looking into finding lodging while you are in the country.

xerxes99 said:
Check with the city office. Many cities offer free or cheap Japanese classes. Allso check if your city has an International center. They can often set you up with a tutor at a very cheap rate.
Although the free ones I and others have looked into, in Tokyo, tend not to be of poor quality, but mostly just very unreliable schedule-wise. You may have a better range of costs in a smaller city or rural area but then accomodation and
a job if that's necessary become a problem. I certainly couldn't recommend spending a 90 day passport/tourist visa with a rock-bottom of what was meant by 'budget.'

If you can get RM 60k then I'll show you the way :)
thats the cheapest anyway... that I can find (been searching for years already)

at the very least, I know Berlitz offers them. ^_^
OMG :auch: :cautious: Berlitz is crazy expensive. I went to Berlitz in Tachikawa, they wanted 8000 yen for 45 mins the total course to the advanced level was about 8000 dollars. I'd be better off studing with a local university.

Back
Top Bottom