What's new

Clubs in Japanese schools...

Mamoru-kun

Wanderer
25 Aug 2005
Hi everyone!
in Japan you have a lot of "school clubs" where children can attend their favorite sports/entertainments/...So I was just wondering: what kind of clubs can we find in Japan schools? To answer this question, I suggest creating a list here, by adding your own knowledge at the end of the following list. If the club you are inserting is specific to a particular school, it would also perhaps be a good idea to add that school name in parenthesis, for example. So here we go...:)

Igo(board game); shougi(board game); kendou; karate; soccer; tennis; volley-ball; voyage(tourism purpose);

I also know a club for Japanese-style archery, but as I forgot the name of that art I let it to you :). Please feel free to add as much as you know by copy/pasting this list (or any other method, if any in this forum)!

Hrmm...at Waseda, there were a number of clubs, and far more circles. They listed them out in a thick book not unlike the a phone directory. Some of the circles had rather shocking names and descriptions, though if they were true indicators of what they actually did was unclear to me.

I stayed safe and joined a basketball circle, one of about 6.

Mamoru-kun said:
I also know a club for Japanese-style archery, but as I forgot the name of that art I let it to you :). Please feel free to add as much as you know by copy/pasting this list (or any other method, if any in this forum)!
It is Kyudo.

This is official clubs which my high school subsides other than you described the above.
Basketball, dance, badminton, handball, rugby, baseball, swimming, athletics, ping pong.
Ham radio, theaterical play, photography, manga research, movie research, pop/rock music, chorus, fine-arts craft, wind-instrument music, tea ceremony
And going back home club, of course, no subsidy at all.

What I belonged to were volleyball, judo, and theatrical play (junior high, high, and college) at schools.

nice gaijin said:
MeAndroo, (when) did you go to Waseda? It wasn't through CSU OIP was it?

I went in spring of 2003, and it was through USC and the CALPUC program.

I might have a friend working for the CSU program...his name is Ino, and he was a student there at the same time as me.

I was placed on a track team in my 5th and 6th grades mainly long jumping and flying jumping.ツ At the junior high school, I attended the swimming club and the choir club.ツ High school? Well, it was what pipokun calls "going back home club" that I belonged to.ツ In Japanese it's 窶ケA窶佚ョ窶「窶?kitaku-bu). cuz if you don't belong to any clubs, you just go straight home after classes.

Well, that`s cool. I live in Bulgaria, and most pupils go home after school. Very few people come to school by bike(2 or 3 once or twice an year). The teachers(some of them) think, that our school system is almost perfect, but...it`s at least 40 years old(and is not perfect at all). That`s the reality in the Bulgarian schools, but I`m glad that you Japanese have fun. I forgot to mention, that there are lots of hobies here-for an example, I practise Aikido, cycle whenever I can. Well, Kyoku_desu, that`s what we do after school. :(

when I was junior high , I belong to a baseball club.
class finished at 3. then we practiced it until dark...
When it enters the high school, we receive the baptism of cheerleaders at first :(
like that...
http://www.sanpachi-n.asn.ed.jp/~h/cheer.html
岩手県立水沢高等学校応援団 - Unofficial Page -

my highschool motto was 窶「ツカ窶「ツ絶?板シ窶慊ケ((accomplished in) both the literary and military arts(sports ))
ツ、ナスツソナステ?ツ坂?槐停??unaffected and sincere, with fortitude and vigor) ...
so club activities were so prosperous.
I think Japanese highschool cheerleaders club is so interesting though club members are so strange and funny.....
it became one of the most famous person in high school
japanese traditional bankaras( homeless cheerleaders😌 )
http://sea.ap.teacup.com/nikkeif/img/1118193769.jpg
http://sea.ap.teacup.com/nikkeif/img/1118193804.jpg

Back
Top Bottom