What's new

Wanted Japanese > English Manga Translator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashwin

Registered
3 Apr 2015
Hey guys, new user here who has registered for the reason of specifically creating this thread!

Like many people, I am a big fan of Japanese manga, and there is one manga series in particular that I am a huge fan of. The problem is, it's only in Japanese so I cannot read the new chapters that are being released. I am looking to hire someone to translate the new chapters of this manga for me. Details: It is an action / comedy / ecchi manga, new chapters are released once per month. Ideally, I would like to hire someone who could translate each chapter per release [a.k.a translate once per month], so I would like to have a long-term working relationship, assuming I'm able to hire someone. Also, you'd have to be fluent in both Japanese and English of course.

Payment Method: Paypal Preferably

Price: Each chapter isn't very long, I think somewhere around the range of $10-$30 per chapter is fair. But this price is negotiable, once you are able to see the chapters / manga itself I would like you to let me if this price range is fair or not, I will pay fair value!

If you are interested in helping me [or know someone who would be interested in helping me!], please reply back or feel free to send me a PM! I hope someone is willing to help me on this, but looking at the lack of replies this forum gets I don't have high hopes...xD, thanks anyway through!

Last edited:
It might be a good idea to include one or two sample pages in this thread so people can get an idea about the difficulty level. Also, how long is "not very long", i.e. how many panels/pages are there in each chapter on average? Finally, what are you planning to do with the translation - keep it to yourself or publish it somewhere?

It might be a good idea to include one or two sample pages in this thread so people can get an idea about the difficulty level. Also, how long is "not very long", i.e. how many panels/pages are there in each chapter on average? Finally, what are you planning to do with the translation - keep it to yourself or publish it somewhere?

Here is a sample chapter - Sen Manga | Raw | Dragons Rioting | Chapter 16 | Page 7 (May take a few minutes to load all the images)

My plans for the translation is to publish them on my website, so that others who want to read in English can do so if they want.

I would like to apolgize then, @ Mike Cash and Tortitoribe. I honestly did not / do not have any ill intentions in requesting for a translator, I simply wanted to read this manga in english, the publisher / producer only releases in Japanese. Learning the language itself is a very difficult task, and I through this would be a fair option since I did not intend to make any profits off the artist work.

Thanks for informing me of that link through, I understand completely.

Last edited:
I locked the thread , but it is a good learning tool , especially Toritoribe's post on copyright and piracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom