What's new

Japan Photos 2019

Just a little test. You can now easily insert images uploaded to Media (by clicking "Gallery Embed" in the post toolbar), including entire albums (see below). :)

I haven't been around here for a while--a cellphone shot from today:

A Different Kind of Bee-ing

This is the location of Saito-an, the residence of Bashō's most promising disciple, Sugiyama Sanpu. Bashō stayed at Saito-an in 1689 before he embarked on his journey north made famous in his "The Narrow Road to the Interior" (奥の細道 Oku no Hosomichi).

At the base of the Noto peninsula--氣多大社 in Hakui. Neither of these is the shrine itself, which is nothing special, just around there. 合格橋 is sort of known to high schoolers, locally.

At the base of the Noto peninsula--氣多大社 in Hakui. Neither of these is the shrine itself, which is nothing special, just around there. 合格橋 is sort of known to high schoolers, locally.
Are you local to that area? We'll be traveling through there in mid to late august, any recommendations?

Surely, @johnnyG has more info up his sleeves. 😊

Two phone pics from this morning's walk with the dog. Not tweaked at all except for size. The focus is off in the white one, but it's not really an issue at this size. It looks like more of these will be going off in the next few days.

Only the third time out since the plumbing job on my heart (and only a slow 25km). Will try again tomorrow since after that it looks like six days of rain...!

yamayuri.jpg

Yamayuri (山百合 Lilium auratum, golden rayed lily), photo taken in Kamakura. They are native to Japan and very common. According to Wikipedia, cats are extremely sensitive to lily toxicity and ingestion is often fatal.

One of Tokyo's most popular Instagram locations.

I wonder what kind of creature(s) had the watermelon party? Something with a long snout, or that could reach inside.

IMG_20190720_110824575.jpg

iPhone shots:

Cemetery along the Shibuya River in Shirokane

shibuya-river-cemetery.jpg

Whale sashimi on sale in one of our local supermarkets.

whale-sashimi.jpg

Tokyo International Forum

@イェンス I wonder how these last two shots would look in B&W? (sure, not much color to start with, but I'm wondering true B&W using as much dynamic range as possible)

Back
Top Bottom