What's new

Japan has the world’s most 'calorific' McDonald's

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Who would have thought?

Research conducted by NiceRx found that the calories, saturated fat, and salt in McDonald's differed slightly in different countries, with Japan having one of the most 'calorific' McDonald's in the world. In comparing McDonald's menus from around the world, NiceRx looking at their most popular items like the iconic Big Mac, French Fries, and Chicken McNuggets. Australia ranked at number nine in the top 10 countries. Japan scored first place on the top ten list with the highest calories in popular McDonald's foods with 989 calories. Israel was named as the country with the lowest calorie count out of the meals reported with 729 total calories in their big three items.

I don't know if I still have it, but I used a table/chart when teaching. The class was for pharmacy students, the text was called Health Talk, and one of the topics was on diet (eat well to stay fit).

Anyway, it compared big macs in maybe a dozen countries--salt, calories, saturated fats, etc. From memory, Japan wasn't too bad--maybe middle of the pack or so, depending on which number you wanted to look at. EDIT: in the link below, Japan looks pretty bad on several metrics!

Wikipedia has something like it, that you can sort by columns:

Back
Top Bottom