What's new

Jailbreak Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Chris99

後輩
7 Jan 2015
Is it possible? How can I do it? Is it safe for the tab?
I bought a Sumsung Galaxy Tab 4 2 months ago from Softbank shop and it is SIM locked. I wanna use it later when I am back in my home country. (I already asked Softbank they said they won't unlock it for me even if I pay them money)

Thanks
Chris

Welcome to the rabbit hole. Jailbreak is an iphone term, you're talking about unlocking.

At least in the states, if you OWN the device, the carrier must provide you with the unlock code if you request it. An old phone that you've paid off, for example, can be unlocked and used with other carriers. I don't know what Japan's attitude is about this though. Something you should consider is that not all devices are the same, and one Tab 4 may not work on a different network in a different country that uses different frequencies. Sometimes, but not always, you can fix this by changing your APN settings. Google about that to find out more.

You can usually try to get an unlock code for your device from a site like Cellunlocker.net - #1 Unlock Codes for Network Cell Phone Unlocking (I'm waiting for a code for one of my phones now, so I can't attest to their efficacy yet).

If you're talking about flashing custom firmware, XDA is the main spot to get that info: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 - XDA Forums

And be aware that you are responsible for any modifications you make to your device.

Back
Top Bottom