What's new

Ishihara: 'Best if N. Korea Becomes Part of China'

Secrets, Lies And The Politics Of Hunger

Defectors from North Korea believe that the Chinese will take over if it appears that the North Korean government is about to fall apart.

The Chinese plan to install pro-Chinese North Koreans as head of a new "North Korean" government, and institute the kind of economic reforms they have been urging the North Korean to undertake for over a decade.

The Chinese do not want North Korea to merge with South Korea, nor do they want North Korea to collapse and send millions of starving refugees into northern China. China and South Korea both want North Korea to stay independent, and harmless.

Thus China is willing to unofficially annex North Korea, knowing that the South Koreans would go along with this as long as the fiction of North Korean independence were maintained. South Korea won't admit this, but most South Koreans know that absorbing North Korea would put a big dent in South Korean living standards. That is more unpopular than any other outcome.
Korea: Secrets, Lies And The Politics Of Hunger

This is all about, and this is very reasonable way of thinking.
It is no doubt that North Korea will fall into the hands of China, and from the Japanese perspective, Chinese way shall be righht. 🙂

The Chinese do not want North Korea to merge with South Korea, nor do they want North Korea to collapse and send millions of starving refugees into northern China.

I've been saying this many times on other boards. This argument about refugees flooding qina (as if that will actually happen) that the qinese use is nothing more than a facade to cover up their intent and also their inferiority complex toward Koreans. Do you really think qinese troops located near the border are there because of the refugees (laughs)? Also why would N. Koreans would want to cross to qina since they'll be merging with a better system where they'll be better off? Like East Germans, did they cross to other countries when the wall fell? Also wouldn't S. Korea, US, Japan (except twisted maniacs like you), EU, UN and other nations take care of them giving financial aid and food support?

Thus China is willing to unofficially annex North Korea, knowing that the South Koreans would go along with this as long as the fiction of North Korean independence were maintained.

Is qina willing to face opposition from Korean, US, UN armies or eventual allince with Russia, India or Japan maybe?
South Korea won't admit this, but most South Koreans know that absorbing North Korea would put a big dent in South Korean living standards. That is more unpopular than any other outcome.

I'd say Korea has nothing to lose about reunification but has everything to gain from it since each side complement each other perfectly. One side provides cheap labor, natural resources (since N. Korea is rich in it) and on the other technology, manufacture plants, jobs etc. About lagging economy due to reunification it's a matter of time only, and I'm pretty sure most Koreans about 99% are willing to sacrifice themselves to overcome it. Maybe a second miracle on the Han River will follow.

Do you represent the view of the majority of your own people? If so then they can be easily labeled as twisted maniacs and freaks which I'm not willing to do so.

I've been saying this many times on other boards. This argument about refugees flooding qina (as if that will actually happen) that the qinese use is nothing more than a facade to cover up their intent and also their inferiority complex toward Koreans. Do you really think qinese troops located near the border are there because of the refugees (laughs)? Also why would N. Koreans would want to cross to qina since they'll be merging with a better system where they'll be better off? Like East Germans, did they cross to other countries when the wall fell? Also wouldn't S. Korea, US, Japan (except twisted maniacs like you), EU, UN and other nations take care of them giving financial aid and food support?

North Koreans are crossng the border for entries to China even TODAY for survival. Then North Korean (refugees/illegal migrants from Chinese view) travel to Mongol, Thailand, Vietnam, etc. to go to South Korea because they cannot cross the border with South.

I think that Wall with South will NEVER fall as China will not release North Korea to the South. The reason is already explained before.

Is qina willing to face opposition from Korean, US, UN armies or eventual allince with Russia, India or Japan maybe?

North Korea is an independent & sovereign nation, being a member of UN. Sovereignty is the same as South Korea. China will easily set up a puppet leader in NK after Kim's regime end. Then Nobody can say anything about NK because it will still be a sovereign nation "superficially".

Assuming that "qina" is China, I think the world will not make any opposition against China because no reason to oppose.

In other words, why does the world need to think that Korean penisular should be united ? If South Korean wants to unify the North, SK should do it on its own.

I'd say Korea has nothing to lose about reunification but has everything to gain from it since each side complement each other perfectly. One side provides cheap labor, natural resources (since N. Korea is rich in it) and on the other technology, manufacture plants, jobs etc. About lagging economy due to reunification it's a matter of time only, and I'm pretty sure most Koreans about 99% are willing to sacrifice themselves to overcome it. Maybe a second miracle on the Han River will follow.

I would say ..... you better not calculate the benefits before you gain.

Do you represent the view of the majority of your own people? If so then they can be easily labeled as twisted maniacs and freaks which I'm not willing to do so.

I am not a Prime Minister of Japan, and thus I don't say I represent Japan, but from the Japanese perspctive, Generlly .... "Greater Korea" is not good as Koreans in general continue to cause troubles in Japan or aganist Japan.
United Korea is just a nightmare as troubles become double. 😊

I believe that the Chinese must have the similar views about Korea. It is because ... "Greater Korea" will cause troubles via connecting with Chinese Koreans living in Northeast Provinces. So, better be "Divided".

In the meanwhile, I don't think I am twisted, but very realistic or logical.
IF you believe Astroboy is twisted, please explain your logic ... WHY you believe the world will support Korean re-unification, not only questioning.
🙂

North Koreans are crossng the border for entries to China even TODAY for survival. Then North Korean (refugees/illegal migrants from Chinese view) travel to Mongol, Thailand, Vietnam, etc. to go to South Korea because they cannot cross the border with South.
You forget there's a road connecting the two Koreas.
North Korea is an independent & sovereign nation, being a member of UN. Sovereignty is the same as South Korea. China will easily set up a puppet leader in NK after Kim's regime end. Then Nobody can say anything about NK because it will still be a sovereign nation "superficially".
You are right, N. Korea is sovereign only superficially. Also qina doesn't have influence on N. Korean internal affairs as much as you want to believe, and I'm pretty sure N. Korean government is well aware of qcp's intentions.
Assuming that "qina" is China, I think the world will not make any opposition against China because no reason to oppose.
And this comes from only you and who, Ishihara?
In other words, why does the world need to think that Korean penisular should be united ? If South Korean wants to unify the North, SK should do it on its own.
Maybe you're right here, Korea doesn't need the help of any nation for this would be a spot on Korea's pride.
I would say ..... you better not calculate the benefits before you gain.
I'm pretty sure Korea is progressing...
I am not a Prime Minister of Japan, and thus I don't say I represent Japan, but from the Japanese perspctive, Generlly .... "Greater Korea" is not good as Koreans in general continue to cause troubles in Japan or aganist Japan.
United Korea is just a nightmare as troubles become double.
You mean if qina takes over then crimes in Japan would multiply twentyfold or even more 😊
https://jref.com/society/foreign_crime_in_japan.shtml
In the meanwhile, I don't think I am twisted, but very realistic or logical.
IF you believe Astroboy is twisted, please explain your logic ... WHY you believe the world will support Korean re-unification, not only questioning.
I think even your countrymen would think you are not normal.

Last edited:
The earlier North Korea collapses, the better. Generally speaking, Koreans hate Japanese hardcore and if North Korea starts throwing some dirty bombs or other explosives to Japan, that would get really nasty.

If a missile is dropped into Japan from North Korea, there is a good possibility there could be a movement in Japan to change the constitution to make it easier to send troops overseas or bomb overseas enemies.

But, if North Korea finds a delivery method to detonate a nuke in Japan and signs an agrees with South Korea for the re-unification right after that, I wonder what that would lead to.

People have their history, culture, and way of life to protect. Being taken over by anyone can threaten that.

Although, learning and sharing new things of this sort are ok too.

I say if they want to, fine, if they don't...don't.

If they are starving, they need to do something. Plus China has very little to gain by annexing them.

They certainly don't need NK's nukes.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Asia/Story/STIStory_325573.html

So what do you think, specially Japanese readers?

update: I didn't see there was already a thread about this on another sub-forum.

I read the post, and I would have to say that Ishihara's assumption that the South Koreans would oppose it because they hope to reunite with their family members is wrong. I say this because if North Korea becomes part of China, the South Koreans would be able to go there more easily and reunite with their family members. Sure they would no longer be "Korean" but they will be able to reunite with their families more so than if they remain North Koreans.
South Koreas would have to go to North Korea to visit. The Chinese Yuan is worth more than the North Korean won (which is as poor as Cambodia) so the standard of living will go up for the North Koreans.

The earlier North Korea collapses, the better. Generally speaking, Koreans hate Japanese hardcore and if North Korea starts throwing some dirty bombs or other explosives to Japan, that would get really nasty.
If a missile is dropped into Japan from North Korea, there is a good possibility there could be a movement in Japan to change the constitution to make it easier to send troops overseas or bomb overseas enemies.
But, if North Korea finds a delivery method to detonate a nuke in Japan and signs an agrees with South Korea for the re-unification right after that, I wonder what that would lead to.
No, it will be the British and the Americans that will be doing the fighting as usual. It will be a UN lead operation. Japan will not be doing any of the fighting, and will only be engaging in combat support.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom