What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Is chatroulette the only method in finding new friends?

Muz1234

後輩
Reaction score
Is chat-roulette the only method in finding new friends? What other methods should I use to find new people?

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
chat randomizer that connects you with random individuals from around the world. AKA the only way to make friends anymore!

Ah, so that's why I have no friends. Is ICQ still a thing? It was all the rage in the mid-late 90s when I last engaged in marathon chat sessions.

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Donor
Reaction score
Ah, so that's why I have no friends. Is ICQ still a thing? It was all the rage in the mid-late 90s when I last engaged in marathon chat sessions.
That's a good question actually. I've long since lost my ICQ login info. I still remember the days of bulletin boards and later IRC, and when the flood of chat programs began, using something like Trillian to sign into them all at once. The internet is nothing like what it used to be...

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
IRC, Netscape, Altavista, AskJeeves, Geocities... how I miss those days. :)

mdchachi

Reaction score
chat randomizer that connects you with random individuals from around the world. AKA the only way to make friends anymore!
It was a video chat randomizer. Mostly famous for being a way for guys to show their genitalia to random people.
But I guess they must have found a way to fix that. Honestly I'm surprised they're still around. Here's one of the early viral videos to come out of the service.

Davey

Contributor
Reaction score
ICQ and geocities... Hahaha.
Good old days

Top Bottom