What's new

Wanted Interpreter Needed for Photo Shoot

Alex McBride

Registered
27 Oct 2016
Hi all,

I'm a London-based documentary photographer who will be passing through Tokyo next week and heading up to a town in Iwate called Otsuchi.

www.alexandermcbridewilson.com

I am looking for someone who would be interested in spending a few days (Evening of the 1st November - Morning of 6th November) doing some interpreting in Otsuchi while I shoot this photo story. I can offer to pay for transport and accommodation but don't have much to offer when it would come to pay you yourself, I'm afraid. I figured there may be someone out there interested in practising their interpreting/translation skills. Just to be clear we would be leaving Tokyo Monday evening (1st) and arriving back in Tokyo Sunday morning (6th), should you be joining me from Tokyo. Otherwise I will need somone from 2nd November- 5th November in Otsuchi if you are coming from elsewhere.

I realise that this is quite a long shot and it's also pretty short notice but this whole shoot has been organised very last minute. If there is anyone who would be interested in finding out more then please do get in touch and I can give you the details of what the story is about and what the general plan is.

Just to give you an idea of who I am then I'd suggest taking a quick look at my site and you can find my details in the 'About Me' section. I'm really easy going and have travelled all over the world shooting photo stories. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Alex

Still a long shot, but it would improve your odds if you gave some idea what this volunteer laborer could expect to see and experience during the trip. "Come share A, B, and C with me at my expense. All I ask is that you handle the language stuff for us" is much more appealing than, "I'll give you a chance to work for nothing so you can have the practice". We're all surrounded by endless opportunities to use Japanese all the time without getting paid for it anyway; presenting it as a busman's holiday won't get you anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom