What's new

IGP Masters Program in Keio University

moeabdol

後輩
27 Jun 2012
hello all,
I have been accepted for the international graduate program at keio university. I will be doing my masters in computer science. I wonder if anyone else got accepted for this coming fall semester, and wither anyone is committing to the same masters program.

I'm also looking for a roommate to share housing. rent seems to be relatively high in Japan, and keio's dormitories are slightly cheaper but still expensive. Any thoughts on education and housing will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey moeabdol,

I have also been accepted into the IGP (Master's) at Keio University with MEXT scholarship for this coming fall semester. My program is the Open Systems Management Program. I'll be going to Yagami campus and I'm sure you will be attending lectures there too.

I've applied for the University dormitory, and I plan to stay there for a few months. Eventually I plan to rent an apartment and move out of the dormitories, but I plan on doing that only after I've figured out how the system in Japan works, the finances required and also after acquiring basic Japanese conversational skills. By the way, are you a scholarship recipient?

I hope we get to meet in Japan this September. Congrats to you, and hopefully see you soon. :)

Hey FullM3tal,
Nice to know there is someone out there who'll be attending the same school. I'll be going to Yagami campus as well.

Unfortunately, I came to know about the MEXT scholarship later on after I applied.

What was your undergraduate field? I'm a computer scientist myself and I intend to focus on AI related courses as it's a major interest of mine I have to say "Gundam Seed" highly affected my career :)

Congrats for the both of us, and yes we will meet defiantly in Japan. I would like to exchange emails with you privately, but don't know how I can do that.

Peace

You can use the PM facility on jref to contact me. I'm sending you a PM now.

I have done my Bachelor's of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering. My research field is also related to AI.

Cool! My supervising professor is Prof. Hiroaki Saito whom is an expert in NLP and will be teaching an advanced course in NLP this fall semester. I'll defiantly enroll in that.

My approach to AI might sound childish and basic to some, but I think what I want to do is to learn the fundamental concepts of AI:
1. Computer Vision (sight)
2. NLP (sound)
3. Sensors & Actuators (touch & feel)
4. Neural Nets (brain)

I'm really excited to learn all these concepts especially at Japan - country of robots -. I look forward to meeting you and discussing with you in details your interests as well :)

Back
Top Bottom