What's new

I suppose it's the polite thing to do... So, hi! :)

kayen

TxT fan
26 Feb 2006
Presentation, you say? Oh, well, might as well do it now, or it'll never get done. Just call me Procrastinator. In fact, you could probably add an epithet: Supreme. Or you could just call me Andy. Or Kayen. Or Just Very, Very Confused.

My (more pronounced) interest in Japan and Japanese culture is rather a recent development, though I've always found things like the samurai, bonsai trees, and the societal structure interesting. Well, at least since I learned the meaning of 'societal', I suppose.

However, thanks to Harry Potter fandom, I discovered j-rock and -pop and have grown increasingly fond of this type of music, so much so that there are days when I listen to nothing else. Though I have to admit, it was the cute guys - notably Miyavi and Takki - who made me try actually listening to their music, and even then it took some time before I stopped ogling and started listening. Or, y'know, practiced doing two things at once.

I'm also fascinated by the Japanese 'gothic look' on display in, for example, Gothic Lolita Bible. Me want. Now to find a place to shop for pretty black goth apparel in this rather anti-goth country.

The country in question is Sweden and even though I was born and raised here, it's entirely too chilly for me. Brr.

Oh, I made a 'j-icon' especially for this site! *points* It's from an old example of PS techniques, which is why I look sort of confused. Not that I don't look confused most of the time, but still.

Actually, if I were sensible, I wouldn't post here at all, seeing as I work as a teacher and it can get rather embarrassing if students see you gush over Japanese popstars online. On the other hand, I'm already known as the eccentric and vaguely insane English teacher, so... *shrugs*

For some reason, I find myself going for a 'Japanese style' in redecorating my house. I sense an obsession brewing here.

:D

May I be the first to welcome you to Jref and hope you have fun here:) 🙂
Just a question, how do you get from Harry Potter to J-pop, I can't see the link?
Anyway we have plenty of J music lovers on the forum and don't worry about the obsession, I don't.👍

Thank you for the kind welcomes! :)

A lot of HP fans are also jpop/jrock/anime fans, for some reason, and much HP art is manga/anime-influenced. Even though I'm no fan of manga/anime, my style has been influenced as well. And now music too. :LOL:

kayan san, I've been sitting here for a short while quick posting replies to all the wonderful newcomers to the forum, as I'm behind and wanted to catch up fast, yet when I came to yours, just felt the need to go into advance for some reason.

Could it be the similarities? You being an English teacher, my being an English teacher; you're getting worked up over the cute Japanese guys, my getting worked up over the cute Japanese girls; your students considering you eccentric, strange, mine considering me crazy, wild; and our seemingly so urge to use many words... :p

I'm loving it...to borrow from Mac. I hope you enjoy the forum to the max !! And I hope you check out the whole scene. . . there's a lot here. Share and learn with all of us !! See you 'round !!👍 🙂 and keep those students learning . . .

Back
Top Bottom