What's new

I lost contact with a friend (pen pal)

mayu rena

後輩
26 Jul 2017
Hello!
I am looking for a friend and I don't know what to do anymore. I really need help!
I only know one of his names , age , city , neighborhood. He's not japanese so I guess it would be easier to find him. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for.
Can someone help me?

It is doubtful, but stranger things have happened. Post the information you have. Maybe somebody here knows him.

Ok so, he's korean and his name is Kim. I'm sorry that I don't know his full name.
He lives in Tokyo , Shinjuku. He's blonde and aged 28 and born on June.
I'm looking forward to hear from any of you .

Maybe he's hanging out with my friend Smith... nice guy, between 5 and 6 feet tall; he's a capricorn.

I always have the feeling that your chance of being hit by lightning is more likely then your chance of finding someone in a country with a super large population like Japan. I originally joined JREF many years ago so I could find old friends living in Fukuoka and had no luck.

I always have the feeling that your chance of being hit by lightning is more likely then your chance of finding someone in a country with a super large population like Japan. I originally joined JREF many years ago so I could find old friends living in Fukuoka and had no luck.
Yes, I know..but I thought it's worth trying..

my point is that you're providing us with so little identifying information, you're far more likely to get false positives than anything useful.

Kim is THE MOST common Korean name, with over 20% of 50 million people sharing the same surname. You don't even have a given name to narrow that down.

You need better clues to help the detectives. If this is all you have, you have about as much chance as finding a needle in a haystack that you dropped from an airplane.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But I will keep trying.
There isn't any chance even if I have a photo of him?

the only thing we could do with a photo is a reverse image search: Google Images

if it's a photo they sent you, there's a tiny possibility that they've shared it elsewhere. That's about it. The odds of someone here recognizing someone from the most densely populated area of Japan are approximately three-thousand-seven-hundred-twenty to one!*

*that's a star wars joke, and a total lowball

Hello!
I'm back, trying to find out who I was actually talking to.
So, I have got in touch with that person again , but now it seems that he doesn't want to talk with me anymore.
The problem is that I'm not sure if I was talking with the real person or not.
Can we discuss here this issue?
Can I somehow get some help?

I just want to find out who is he. Maybe this thread is not about that , but I don't know where to ask for help.
Thank you!

You're his "friend". If you can't tell it was him or not then how are we supposed to know if it was him or not?

How did you contact him? How do you know so little about your friend?

I didn't talk with him so much, I couldn't get any information from him. I can tell the reason if needed.
We got in touch on a dating site, I never saw him on camera or phone call, so I don't know if he was the person he said he was.

I don't know how any of you are supposed to know the truth behind all of this, but I want to try.
Today I did a search by picture on google and I found that he seems to be a famous person.
Maybe someone here who lives in Japan may know about him. I'm curious. I really want to find out.

If he's famous and the picture is already on the web, share it with us.

Don't you think it more likely that some average or ugly guy gave you a picture of someone else?

Of course I have been thinking about that . And now I am confused. He didn't use to have common sense, and the website where I found the pictures is an indecent site.
So, somehow it makes sense, but on the other hand it doesn't.
Is it allowed to share the website here?

If it's indecent, the answer is no.
Judging from what you wrote so far, I don't think he is the person you are looking for.

You may be right.
Now I want to find out who is this person , what kind of famous person is he.
How can I find out?

How about to post just his picture here, not the link to the site, as Mike-san already suggested?

Ok

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    388.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 56b242ff7baddfd773a011b7f6c9b4f0.png
    56b242ff7baddfd773a011b7f6c9b4f0.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Oh, thank you !
Maybe someone else knows, if they take a look on this thread.
I don't know, but it would mean a lot to me to find out .

Back
Top Bottom