What's new

I brought a Japanese sword home from Atsugi

Oldnavyguy

Registered
8 Jul 2021
I was stationed in Japan back in 69 and 70. I loved it over there. Spent a lot of time traveling the country and meeting some awesome people. I lived in the little town of Sagamiotska. Please forgive my spelling.
Anyway, I brought back an sword from there and it has writing in Kanji on the blade. Would love for somebody to interpret it for me. Have always wondered what it says
received_388077892655108.jpeg

The first character of the first line is a simplified Chinese hanzi, i.e., a character mostly used in mainland China and Singapore, not Japanese kanji. Also, the compound word 刀具 is not used in Japanese. This is a Chinese word. It seems that 联合刀具 is the name of a Chinese company 联合刀具公司 United Cutlery Company.

According to another source on the web, it says 張武 which sounds like a Chinese name, written in seal script (i.e. made to look like the personal seal of someone).

Personally I think the final kanji is something different, but I can't quite figure it out. Anyway, it is a name that has nothing to do with Japanese swords.

Back
Top Bottom