What's new

How you were first introduced to Jrock/pop/visual kei

Haha yes it seems that if you are close to your friends and rather over protective of them and some times have those joking fondel moments every one assumes your a lesbian...then you show them a pocture of Jrockers and they really think that because they only see a "bunch of men in skirts" It annoys the hell out of me but I often enjoy the peoples bulgy eyes...XD

I have never understood why people assume that when a man puts on a dress/skirt, he is gay...I never saw it that way...*shrugs*

The thing is there isn't a sometimes in there. EVERY SINGLE one of our (Nightwalker's and mine and our other friend I suppose) conversations involve some kind of flirting. We so bad...

And I know what you mean. I mean, girls wear men's clothing all the time now and no one thinks they're lesbians all the time. I never saw it that way either.

I hope you don't mind my interrupting this conversation, as I wanted to put my thoughts down about first J-Pop/Rock experiences...

Like many people, my first exposure was through anime. The first CDs I started picking up were soundtracks to my favorite shows, though I'll admit that before that I actually used to tape the songs off of my videos onto audio cassettes so I could listen to them while driving, etc.

😌

This was back in 1994, mind you, so still pretty low-tech...

The first actual non-anime CD I picked up was L'arc~en~ciel's "True", which I did simply because I really liked "Blurry Eyes" from DNA^2... you might say, "Ummmm... 'Blurry Eyes' is on Tierra, you know..." Well, at the time, I didn't know... so I picked up a L'arc CD completely at random. The opening double shot of "Fare Well" and "Caress of Venus" completely hooked me, and I've been a big fan ever since.

Since then, I've been expanding my horizons and now own J-Pop/Rock music from about 1950 forward in just about every genre you can think of... but for me, L'arc started it all. And this is coming from a 30-something year old, so no accusations of fanboy/girlism here... just pure enjoyment of their musical sound. And the truly scary thing... now my dad really likes L'arc too!

How cool is that?

Nice to meet y'all, and thanks for indulging me...

🙂

I like Dir en grey. Cuz KawaiiWarumono made me listen to them by gunpoint... (not really)

So I download as much as possible.

PrincessBerriKiller said:
Haha yes it seems that if you are close to your friends and rather over protective of them and some times have those joking fondel moments every one assumes your a lesbian...then you show them a pocture of Jrockers and they really think that because they only see a "bunch of men in skirts" It annoys the hell out of me but I often enjoy the peoples bulgy eyes...XD

I have never understood why people assume that when a man puts on a dress/skirt, he is gay...I never saw it that way...*shrugs*
*nods in agreement" i find it kind of sexist that they let women wear suits and men cant wear skirts.

Nothingness said:
I like Dir en grey. Cuz KawaiiWarumono made me listen to them by gunpoint... (not really)

So I download as much as possible.

I'm sure the band would very much appreciate it if you actually bought their music instead.

Haha, Winter! Thats very true you kno (of course...*wacks self*)

I think its kind of fun to hear other people's stories.*Nods* Thanx all of you who have contributed! ^-^

To Horizon, I meant that you know those fondeling moments sometimes in your conversations (like every five minutes) not ever now and then... ^^; *giggle*

Winter said:
I'm sure the band would very much appreciate it if you actually bought their music instead.

I don't think that band is going to care because they are making millions anyways so they could care less I would think. Ya of course they want you to buy their product but still. They have so much money...they are not going to care really if we buy their stuff or not. Their not going to go broke anytime soon.

Nightwalker said:
I don't think that band is going to care because they are making millions anyways so they could care less I would think. Ya of course they want you to buy their product but still. They have so much money...they are not going to care really if we buy their stuff or not. Their not going to go broke anytime soon.

Well though that is true, Nightwalker, how would you feel if you were in the situation? They are making millions, and perhaps a single CD doesn't matter, but with all the "fans" that just download material, it can add up to be allot. If someone is really a fan then they will go out of there way to buy the merchandise to support their artist.

If their good musicians, then they probably might care more about the fact that people are stealing their songs because they are their songs, things that they put a lot of time into, their heart, soul, whatever else sounds corny enough instead of just the money factor.

I would think that the band wouldn't care if we are buying their products. They should care about us loving their lyrics and music and seeing what they are trying to send us a message through song and if were getting that. If we love their music that's all that matters really. If that stuff was more available to me yes I would but it but it's not so I have to make do with what I got.

there are artists that support downloading. i saw somewhere and they said if people get their songs from the internet, and they like it, the chances are that they are going to see the band's show.

i sort of agree. the shows will get them money, i mean if you like the songs, you're gonna want to see the lives.

Ya I would see them live if I really could. *sobs* But their all in Japan! That would be really awesome to see live... *sigh*

mizerable_d said:
i sort of agree. the shows will get them money, i mean if you like the songs, you're gonna want to see the lives.

Not exactly. I like their songs and I respect Kyo's voice on a cd.. but live? The only thing I can think of of what I've heard in any diru live(though I'm sure the fact it was recorded could effect this) is ...what..the..heck.. Personally I'm not all thrilled about seeings Diru live. So yes the shows get them money, everything does, but its the thought here that counts. I don't call downloading a bunch of junk a very thoughtful way of showing you are a fan.

Deg's older songs that I've heard recorded live (like Schwein no Isu and Rasetsukoku) sound really TERRIBLE, but I think Kyo's voice has improved a lot in the last couple of years, and his live performances are spot-on if he's not occupied with scratching himself up.

Lydia

Kyo's scratching is very extra. but he is energetic, i like that.

i don't know, downloading isn't exactly right, but meh, it's not really gonna stop any time soon. maybe if artists lower their price on CDs more people will buy them. not everyone have much money to spare. i find that sometimes spending 40 bucks on a cd is too much, and most likey there will be songs that i dont like on it.

mizerable_d said:
Kyo's scratching is very extra. but he is energetic, i like that.

i don't know, downloading isn't exactly right, but meh, it's not really gonna stop any time soon. maybe if artists lower their price on CDs more people will buy them. not everyone have much money to spare. i find that sometimes spending 40 bucks on a cd is too much, and most likey there will be songs that i dont like on it.

Kyo's Kyo and nothing will keep him from doing what ever he wants. 👍

I do agree that CD prices are high and that listen to a song on the internet may promote you to hear more but I think it should also promote you to buy their music and think of all the pretty pictures you get to look at!! Also, I think if you really love the band alot its nice to show how much you love them by buying their products every once in awhile and spending that little bit of money every now and then. I dont think dowloading is wrong but it always makes me feel so guilty so as soon as I have the money I but the CD. I do understand dowloading videos/pvs if you live well, not in Japan or Asia (or rather where you have access to them on tv) because you cant see them any other way. but If you can, try and buy the CD!! :)

Ditto, ditto! And parents who'll let me order online and/or take me to Toronto (ain't going to happen either!)

Back
Top Bottom