What's new

How to prepare Matcha properly?

BigBossIchi

Asahi Drinker
3 Feb 2004
I have all the nesessery utencils for the mixing, but I was wondering just how much water I must put in the cup (Matcha Chawan). I generally like drinking "thick" tea and want to know how much water I most add to get it right, thx!

Ok, I found this, but one other question, can some covert the measurements into metric, or at least tell me the type of measurements used here where the amount of water is concerned, thx!

Preparation of Matcha (Usucha, thin tea)
First you sift the mathca (powdered green tea), it is important to taste more mellow.
Put the 2 mathca spoons (Chashaku) or 1 tea spoon of powdered green tea in the mathca bowl (Mathca Chawan).
Poure 70cc of hot water. Water temperature:185F - boiled water (85Cツ− 100C).
Whisk with the bamboo whisk (Chasen) quickly into a frothy brew
Preparation of Koicha (thick tea)
Put the 4 mathca spoons (Chashaku) or 2 tea spoons of Matcha (powdered green tea) in the matcha bowl (Mathca Chawan).
Poure 50cc of hot water and whisk with the bamboo whisk (Chasen)

Koicha (thick tea) and Usucha (thin tea)
To prepare a Koicha (thick tea) pour little hot water. So bitter taste of mathca tends to come out of it, therefore, high-class mathca (not bitter taste at all) would be suitable.
We recommend Mathca Super Premium, Matcha Premium, Mathca Superior to make Koicha (thick tea).

Preserving Mathca
A package of our Mathca is specially designed (vacuum nitrogen filling) to preserve fresh taste and flavor for a long time. Not being opened and to avoid high temperature it keeps in the same quality.
Once package is opened, we recommend you finish up them shortly to enjoy the fresh taste.

Back
Top Bottom