What's new

How to find Roomates in Okinawa??

SNMP

先輩
22 Jan 2007
I am wondering if there are any websites I could try to find a room available to rent in Okinawa. I wanted to rent a house during my stay (3-6 months) but generally the housing agencies want a one year lease. Any suggestions? Anyone else looking to rent a house/apartment there or a roomate to find a place with? Or does anyone have an available room youd like to rent?

If you're looking for housemates, look for "flat share" or "room share", however in Japan there aren't nearly as many people doing so as in the west, so I don't know how many there will be in Okinawa. Still, it's growing, and I'm sure you'll find something that suits you. For short term, look for those with "短期" in them.

There aren't any house shares, like they sometimes have in Tokyo, but if you are lucky you may find someone looking for a room mate. As I said in my pm
though, if you want somewhere cheap, quite a few of these 'Guest Houses' have sprung up in recent years, for 1,000yen per night. Am not sure, but
it may involve sharing a room, but I will check into it. There are also quite a few monthly 'mansions'(apartments), where you can rent by the month.

Thank you both for your help/info! I really appreciate it and will continue my search!

Ok, I am signing on a year and a half later, after having moved to Okinawa for a year, to answer my own question incase it could help anyone else...
Look on JapanUpdate.com That website helped me out tremendously. You can search for a roomate, a car, a job, whatever. Kinda like our Craigslist, only smaller because it is mainly for Okinawa.

Thanks for the advice-- I'd like to try to find a roommate while I'm over there. Where on JapanUpdate should I look/post for one? There doesn't seem to be an explicit second for this.

How to find a share house

Just in case there is still somebody who is looking for a share house in Okinawa...
There are some websites:

Roomshare Japan
Roommate Cafe
J&F Plaza

(Due to an error message "You do not have enough posts yet to add URLs to third-party websites", I could not post their URLs.)

Also, if you are looking for a room in Ginowan area, our room has a room available right now.:)

Back
Top Bottom