What's new

How long did you wait for your COE

bluepilot

後輩
14 Aug 2008
Heya, I am a new graduate and I have captured the evasive 'job', an increasinly rare species these days.

I wanted to work on a holiday visa but they won't let me because I already spent two years at a Japanese University (boo)

So I am waiting for my certificate of eligibility. It has been processed (not including postage time) for 5 weeks tomorrow and I am hoping that it will come soon.

So yeah, just wondering how long did everyone have to wait

Getting the work visa is better than the working holiday visa anyway, so no real problems there.

COEs usually come in 4-8 weeks. Mine took 7. Just be patient and try to line up things at home for your leave.

Hello friends.i'm Bhagya from Sri Lanka..
i want to know how long to get certificate of eligibility
in fact we're waiting for that certificate for 6 week..and still no respond , i'm worried if they going to cancel it.. can you please tell me what to do if the certificate of eligibility is not accepted , can we apply again in a short time ??? :( :( :unsure::unsure::cry::cry::cry::cry: thank you... :):):)

There could be many reasons why you have not heard yet. Six weeks is not really that long. Besides being patient, my advice is to send a polite inquiry to ask for the status of your application. Sometimes paperwork gets misplaced, you know.

Appreciate for your kind response towards my inquiry. Could I please view from you, how many weeks to get COE

Look back about 4 posts to see what I wrote in 2008 about my own particular situation. Nobody on earth, including immigration, can give you a specific length of time, by the way. It takes as long as it takes, and every case is different. Since the usual time varies so much between 4 and 8 weeks, you need to wait at least that long. Your nationality plays a role, as do many other circumstances.

For example, you're waiting for a COE. Ok, but for what type of visa?
What information have you already provided?
Just be patient another 2 weeks at least. Then follow the advice I already gave.

Back
Top Bottom