What's new

Home-made dressing recipes

Smeagol

先輩
20 Aug 2007
Need some recipe ideas on how to make home-made dressing sauces for salads, meats, fish, rice etc similar to the dressing sauces you would get with a salad from a restaurant or as a complimenting dressing on meats (add a lovely glazing effect) and the taste is fantastic.

Also can the dressing be stored in a bottle and put in the fridge for use on other days? or is it a case of 'use on the day, throw out tomorrow'.

hi smeagol.
I want to sharing my recipes for salads..

Salmon Salad Sauce
use 270 ml:
Vinegar 2
Sugar 1
Mayonaise 1

pic show Salad with salmon on top..

Attachments

• salad.jpg
    salad.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 130
I shall watch this thread with great interest!

For salads recently I've been using a combination of good olive oil and lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, or red wine vinegar (or a mix thereof) with ground black pepper and just a little sea salt.

I love it - simple and natural is best in my book - and because I've come to appreciate how healthy lemon juice is, I tend to favour that.

Looking forward to other suggestions!

made of the simple pleasures in life :)

Ponzu is a Japanese citrus flavored soy sauce.
It is really useful.
1. Just pour it on roast beef.
2. Mix 1 tbsp ponzu, 1 tbsp oilve oil and salt & pepper (to taste) for salad. When you use sesami oil, the salad turns more Asian flavored.
3. A good dipping sauce for lightly simmered oyster or for one hot pot dish, nabe
4. Saute bacon and mushrooms in season with butter, and pour ponzu. Ponzu or soy sauce goes well with butter.

2 kinds of dressing

I introduce 2 different kinds of dressing.

<<The dressing of a Japanese apricot and yogurt >>

*Ingredients (Ratio )*
1 French Dressing
1 Yogurt
a little Japanese Apricot
a little Salt & Pepper

This dressing is sutable for a salad of veges or fish, vinegared dish.

<<Blue Cheese Sauce>>

*Ingredients*
30g Blue Cheese
1tbsp White Miso
1tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1tsp White Wine
1tsp White Wine Vinegar
1tbsp Dashi Mixture (Broth14:Soy Sauce1:Mirin1)

This dressing is sutable for warm salad. Blue chees is melt by wine, vinegar and broth mixture.

great guys, keep it going :) some of these dressing sauces are making me drool lol

A basic Japanese dressing for spinach and other boiled/steamed vegetables:

Goma Ae

Kitchen mortar and pestle like these are an essential in a Japanese kitchen:
img24412853-1.jpg

If you don't have one and don't like the bother of using a food processor, you can press and grind freshly toasted sesame seeds with your fingers. Not the real thing, but very fragrant and tasty! 👍

man, that is one nice looking mortar & pestle, love the design. Nice background to show it off too :)

This looks like a recipe I have for ground sesame seeds, miso, sugar and soy: to cheat with the grinding of the roasted seeds you can substitute Tahini at a pinch if you are in a hurry. Great over fresh steamed veges such as asparagus, green beans, spinach etc

Surely this can't be all the recipes that are out there :( Someone must know more dressing sauces that they could add for all-sorts of complimentary sauces for pretty much every dish whether it is for seafood, meat or even for salads :) or is it a case of 1 sauce for many things??

Hello. I mix 1 part shoyu, 1 part wasabi paste, 1 part sesame oil, 5 parts rice vinegar, then add toasted shiro goma and adjust as necessary to your taste.

Not exactly a dressing even though it is a pretty good one also, but I like to use a homemade sauce that I use for dipping warmed atarime (dried squid) or ehile, which I believe is dried shark fin or skin.

It is made by squeezing a decent amount of Kewpi Japanese mayonaise into a small Japanese soy sauce dish, adding a bit of soy sauce and mixing with a chop stick until a light brown. I then add a bit (a lot for my taste) of rayuu (sesame oil) and the Japanese red pepper shichimi and mix with a chopstick. It makes a great dipping sauce for the squid and shark and a decent dressing for salad.

Back
Top Bottom