What's new

History repeats itself...:(

jaccyn30_us

後輩
25 Mar 2003
Now that the war is almost over we come back to the pertinent question. Was Iraq a threat to us? Ok some of us believed that before the war. How can anyone believe that any longer? We have criss-crossed their country and laid it bare. Can Bush and co. show us one bit of evidence to show that Iraq on the other side of the globe could have threatened us in America? They even honored the Geneva convention by keep the POW's safe.

The thing that distresses me the most however is that an entire page of Mesopotamian civilization disappeared. How could we deface a country's mammoth history? The US troops should have atleast protected the museum if nothing else. This must be the greatest tragedy to have happened. How can any educated man or woman stand this? Granted that the people looted it but who facilitated it all? I remember fretting when I used to read about how the Spanish invaders destroyed the entire legacy of the Mayans? How much of wealth of literature was lost from the world? And the same thing happens in 2003? Are we progressing forwards or backwards? Are we getting more civilized or barbaric? The world of tomorrow will judge us based on what we have done today. The relics and artifcats of the greatest civilization have been raped. How will we ever retrieve all those priceless Assyrian, Mesopotamian and Babylonian treasures? How can we ever hope to be forgiven? When the Spanish did all they had to do to the Mayan's and destroyed them they considered themselves as conquerers. But today we loathe and look down upon thier exploits which has cost humanity dearly of unknown mathematics and literature? Are we not guilty of the same crime in 2003?

Bush will one day have to pay for his grievous decision. He cannot be forgiven. How can we continue with a president that has does not have a conscience, lied to us and robbed the world of some of its richest history?

I see what you mean. I hate it when history repeats itself. However, we cannot stop it; only time will(perhaps).

Bush will one day have to pay for his grievous decision. He cannot be forgiven. How can we continue with a president that has does not have a conscience, lied to us and robbed the world of some of its richest history?

For now let's not think about the negative consequences. It's bad enough history is repeating itself; now we're rubbing it in. When will it end?!?!

Originally posted by Vicidian
Welcome to the human race, babe. Don't like it don't be a human.

I'm not really human, the last time I checked. :D I was founded floating down a river, according to my mother. Ironically, I can't swim. :p

Back
Top Bottom