What's new

hide, Kami, Kazuki, Shaisuke...

Urr... perhaps the girl did like Lucifer, but didn't realize how it was pronounced? I hear people saying "Malice Miser" all the time, even when they've been fans for a while.

I say Malice Miser or Mitzer since I don't know how pronounce it. Or I just say Malice ^^;;

And I will admit, they are pretty good, but I'm just not into them right at this moment. Later maybe.

And why the HELL does EVERYONE strangle me?!?!?!?

I used to say something like "Ewcifer", until I discovered they were "Lucifer"

Sad, sad me...;.;

Illaparatzo-sama said:
Urr... perhaps the girl did like Lucifer, but didn't realize how it was pronounced?

Hey, you got a point... Actually, I did talk with that girl a little yesterday at school... She's still got the "pronunciation issue" disease. I didn't get mad at her for this, but... A little peeved. Here's what happened (any 'typos' are how she pronounced them):
Her: Oh, you're the girl I met in Anime Club! Hey!
Me: Oh, eh, hi?..
Her: Hey, what other bands do you like, I saw that Ahzifer picture on your binder and I was like "whoa..."!
Me: Heh, thanks... Um... Above all, it's mostly Jrock. You know, the works.
Her: Oh, yeah! I love Jrock music, I'm a big fan!
Me: Oh? What're your favorite Jrock bands?
Her: Hum... I like Camee Gackt, X Japan, Glay (I always believed it pronounced "guh-ray"), Deer in Grey (o_O;;;;;;;), Malisay Meetzer, and Morning Mahsamnay.
Me: (Ka-blink) ...Uh, wow, that a few...
Do you see were I may be a bit confused?! I just wish I knew FOR sure these pronunciations, and that other people did as well. For all get's confusing in Faith-chan Land >_<;;;

mizerable_d said:
that is indeed funny. haha Ahzifer...poor poor girl...

Ahzifer!!!!??? Haha....hahaha...awwwwwww. The girl just needs someone to lead her the way. But Ahzifer!!! That name got killed....

K.

GLAY = GAY WITH AN L. It's based on the color grey.

Dir en grey = ニ誕ニ停?ケニ但ニ停?愴丹ニ椎槌辰 = diru an gurei. Dir as in deer, an pronounced as in entropy, grey as in the er.. color grey. ...Diru for short. Got it?

...and in case you were wondering, Malice Mizer = ニ筑ニ椎?ニ湛ニ蓄ニ端ニ停?ケ = marisu mizeru = Malice Mihzer. Moi Dix Mois =, of course, mwa dees mwa, ニ停?堡陳照誕ニ辰ニ湛ニ停?堡陳渉。

It's easy to learn how to pronounce them if you can read their names in katakana or hiragana, as they are often printed.

Lydia

Glay is called glay, because they are not black or white, and yes, they know that's a "misspelling" in English. :p

I heard from French-speaking girl: Moi Dix Mois is Mwa Di Mwa. :D [Don't be offended, but I hate American pronunciation XD Isn't deer something like "di-ru" rather not dir?]

Morning Mahsamnay - what is it? I only know Morning Musumne, could it be this? :D

It's di-ru if you're Japanese. Same as Nightmare is "Naitome-a" if you're Japanese. But since you're not, I'd think you'd pronounce it as it's supposed to be. =P

Same as people with their "Gakuto"... -_______-

Kama said:
Morning Mahsamnay - what is it? I only know Morning Musumne, could it be this? :D

Yeah, she meant Morning Musume, but... She was way off -_-;;; And Moi Dix Mois... Well, I always thought it was pronounced like "mwah dees mwaz", seeing as "moi" is me in french, but "mois" is months (I think! I'm only taking French one!). I assume since the two are different, the pronunciation is different. Gackuto... I'm used to saying that rather than "Gackt" because I first learned about his music through a Japanese friend, and she always refered to him as that. Perhaps the pronunciation is all about where you've heard it from? :p

I'm sorry, are you sure is was Mwa Di Mwa, not Mwa Dis Mwa... parce-ce que je parle franais et en francais c'est Mwa Dis Mwa. J'habit au Quebec. (I wrote in French to prove that I do know the language) By the way it means "My Ten Months" for the people who didn't know.

I randomly pronouse Malice Mizer in 3 ways, Malice My-zer, Malice Mee-zer, Marisu Misuru

Glay is Glay unless I pronouce it in Japanese.

^ucifer, I didn't know how to pronounce it until I read the entries in this forum.

I pronouce Gackt as Gackt or Gakuto-san.

I pronouce Dir en Grey, in French. Something like Dzeer un Goo-rlay (...I hope that makes sense... I prounce the r in Grey like in Japanese, which is between a L and a R.) but it's just easier saying Diru.

L'arc en Ciel - (aka The Rainbow ^.~lol) larc un See elle

Anyway, I came here because I wanted to know more about other dead Jrockers, other than the ones I know. Planning to go to Otakukon next year with some friends. And I'm planning on cosplaying as Kami (Illuminati & Au Revoir) ^^ on of my friends is dressing up like hide and we wanted to have a group of dead Jrockers... I know it sounds morbid... but It's kind of to remember them and honour them. Of course we aren't going to dress like anyone we don't really like, because that wouldn't be right, ne? But I just learnt of Kazuki in Raphael and dl some stuff, I think it's pretty good ^^. So Some will probably dress like him too. I wanted some other people. Which I did see Shaisuke for Baiser, but are there any others? Thanks.

Misake said:
I'm sorry, are you sure is was Mwa Di Mwa, not Mwa Dis Mwa... parce-ce que je parle franais et en francais c'est Mwa Dis Mwa. J'habit au Quebec. (I wrote in French to prove that I do know the language) By the way it means "My Ten Months" for the people who didn't know.

Hello Misake, it's nice to meet you! :joyful: Wow, I didn't realise this thread existed, you must have looked many pages to find it! 😌

Ah, so you are French-speaking person living in Canada! And you pronounce the "Dis" of "Moi dis Mois" with the "s" on the end? I always pronounced it without the "s"... Hey, but in fact I don't know any Canadian people, so maybe there is something of difference in the French-Canadian way of pronunciation? :? (Of course, I could just be quite wrong, but I'll pretend that's not possible... 😊 )

Really, I know Malice Mizer is meant to be pronounced "malice mizere" (missing accent grave but this computer I'm using turns all my accents into little boxes :eek: ), but somehow in my head I am still thinking "my-zer" :D probably because I just like the sound of the word XDD

Anyway, I came here because I wanted to know more about other dead Jrockers, other than the ones I know.

Uhhh... I'm not very helpful about that... because I only know of Kami and Hide. :( But your cosplay idea sounds good. 👍 They would both make a cool cosplay I think!

Shaisuke? I've never heard of him... :sorry:

As for hide and Kami (the two I know most due to their popularity in the music world), I really do like. Kami was a decently good drummer, and hide was incredible. Besides, his vocals were top knotch in my opinion. Then again, I like Tetsu's voice. So, what do I know?

Ai-yah! I didn't think anyone still read this thread 😌 I'm not really sure of any other dead JRockers off the top of my head except those four, but whatever anyone else knows... They're more intelligent than I am :p

Jrockers?? hahahaha.

Well, the most known japanese punk scene deaths are:

Randy Uchida (G.I.S.M.) - He died of cancer in 2001, after that, G.I.S.M. disbanded forever (and I never saw them live... T_T)
Masami (Ghoul) - He died of cancer too in 1992.

See you!!

uhm those pronoucements are intressting
perhaps make a thread about it?

as for me, i alway pronouced the bands as in english or french.

moi dis moix in french, well because its french obviously.

i try too pronoucence and write the band in the orginal way,
the most reconigebal (cant spell that well) way i think...

hope it makes any sense....

Sadly for me, I didn't even know who Hide was until after his death...Not long after it, but I don't know...his music was so...simply wonderful.

From what I remember of Shaisuke, he was openly gay & the car accident was ironically "on the way to Hide's funeral." I named a manga bishie after him (even though he looks like Hakuei with long purple hair) & still use that character.

What about the original members of "The Piass?" They all drowned doing a deadly bungee stunt for a music video. Now THAT was tragic....

I was peeved about Kazuki. Rapheal is a rare band for me....I got one of their discs half-off for buying an assload of manga (untranslated) & not one song on the album was boring *_* Plus I didn't see it comming, he always seemed cheerful.

Kami...found out about him after I got into Gackt's solo stuff. 9did you know that CLAMP used him & Izam for inspiration on Ruby Moon?) I was already preoccupied wit the death of NRG's Kim Hwan-Sung at the time. That was NOT a good year for Jrocker health. 9okey, Hwan-sungie-oppa was Korean)

Also peeved that the Hide museum closed before I could see it >.<

Back
Top Bottom