What's new

Hi everyone

Mariquita

後輩
14 Sep 2012
I was directed to make an introduction, so here you go (I am terrible at these, so please be kind)

I am a 35-year-old wife and mother of two boys (ages 5 and 9). I am also a self-employed documentarian. I am currently working on several projects, but my two favorites are a research study about human trafficking in US agriculture, and a video series on fair housing and food deserts in the lower-income, urban areas of the city in which I live. Fair food and farmworker justice are reoccurring themes in my work, and I am very passionate about these topics.

In my personal life, I am so pleased that I have the ability to spend an enormous amount of time with my family. We ride bicycles, do yoga, climb trees and try to do a lot of other fun outdoor activities. We also cook together. A lot.

We have mastered Latin American and Greek cooking (thanks to my parent's bringing me up in a mixed-traditional kitchen), as well as Vegetarian/Vegan and Indian dishes. We are starting our foray into sushi and other Japanese food cooking as we all enjoy eating it, and want to learn how to do it at home.

If anyone has recommendations, tips, or other information- please share it with me!
I will be posting frequently as we journey through this, bragging about our hits, and asking for advise on our misses.

I look forward to being a part of this community!

Welcome to JREF !!

Under the section "All Things Japanese" there is a special section on Japanese food with a lot of posts and good information. I'm sure if you have any questions , posting there should get you help and answers you need.

Uncle Frank

🙂

What a lovely introduction, and you sound like a great mother doing so many things with your family. I am starting to become Japanese regarding my working hours so I only have the weekends to go out and do things with my kids... so I kinda envy you :D

Regarding Japanese food, my recommendation is Okonomiyaki!!!

Enjoy your stay on the forum!

Back
Top Bottom