What's new

Hi all

14 Jul 2010
Hi,

My name is Catherine and i am from the Uk. I am a student studying law however i love the Japanese culture and would really like to improve my language skills so that i have a better chance of joining the JETs exchange program when i finish my degree.

I my favourite japanese food is miso soup and my favourite sweets are mochi and pockey (chocolate).

I like manga and anime although with my busy schdual i have not managed to sit down and have a good read in a while. My current favourite manga is Chobits.

I hope to find new friend and study buddies who share my intrests ^_^

heya! i loooooove pocky and miso soup!!! haha. My name's Mariah and im in highschool but i really want to be in an exchange program too. i, also, need to improve on my japanese :p hope you have fun here :)

Elloh Catherine!
Welcome to Jref ^^

Wait..Did you say Chobits??
OMFG we should so be friends XD
Any other favorite mangas?
Right now I'm reading B.O.D.Y.
It's interesting..
But Bleach is my all time favorite..nothing will change that.

Oooh..Pocky
It's like a drug xD

Hey xx0Snapxx:

Yeah pockey is uber addictive. i must of spent £30 on it alone at the last japan convension i went too.
I am not a big fan of bleach beacuse it goes on and on and on. the fillers i find slightly annoying too. I am currently reaing vampire kinght as it was recommened by a friend. Its ok but its too romantic and tried hard to be dark and myserious but its not.
my next fav is deathnote because its really intresting and i find it funny because of the sudden off the wall twists in the plot. I love L ^_^. I am thinking of starting to collect the fate stay night mangas but they are hard to get over here because they are imported from America so there are only a few in circulation in the Uk. I loved the anime of it love the style and the colours used.

Hey Mariah
thanks for the welcome. i hope you do manage to get on an exchange program in the future. my old japanese teacher did it for 3 years and she loved every second of it and now she teaches japanese.
Miso soup is great i like it with tofu and spring onions. sometimes i add a some chicken which taste great too. ^_^

Hi Hezam,
Thanks for the welcome. i like your avatar its cute.

Hi Tsuyoiko,
Thanks for directing me to this site its awesomes ^_^.

Thanks to all for the welcomes and i hope to see you around

Really?
I didn't know it was that addictive xD
I've never been to an anime convention before..
I tried getting my mom to take me and a couple of my friends to Sakura-Con.
This year will be the 3rd year..
She doesn't support me with things like this, so I'm probably never gonna be able to go until I'm 18 which by then it may be out of style..
It may not even be around.
Well, I doubt that.
I'm reading Vampire Knight also, on the 8th volume.
I think the anime is WAY better than the manga.
I hate Kaname..he's a devil -_-
I have a thing for continueing manga..don't know why.
I really like shoujo mangas..
Though they're mostly all the same.
My friends say I'm stupid for liking Light instead of L.. xD
But I highly recommend Black Bird.
I believe they're publishing the 5th now..not sure.

I didnt get much support from my mam for coventions or any of my intrests but i had freinds parents who didnt mind me tagging along. I didnt go to my first convenstion untill i was 18 and it doesnt go out of style.
The mcm convension in the Uk has gown every year that it has started and now the london one gets about 1/2 a million visitors over 1 weekend. As long as there is anime fans there will always be convensions.
My univercity has its own club, maybe you could have your own club in highschool and organise trips with parents (or even the odd awesome teacher XD).

Yeah i know what you mean with Kadame. Had a feeling he was going to be a baddie he could have been such a hero thoug which is the sad part. I am on volume 10 it only just got released here a few weeks ago. Went down to the old nerd shop and it was the last copy. was kinda lucky ^_^.
Most of my old college friends like continuing manga so i guess some people like the long stuff and others dont. I think for me its the well rounded story with a good conclusion i like the most.

Nah I like Light too but L and his sweet addictions appeals to me more and i feel he has a dark sense of humor too. The only character i dislike is misa amarni she is uber annoying and i felt light should of killed her off with a wooden spork ^_^.

What is black bird about? sound dark and mysterious? I know the Uk gets new manga a few months after America so i will have to keep an eye out. Not seen anything as of yet.

I actually have a teacher who's, well, semi-into manga and such, so maybe it would work out?
I don't know.
But I will have to wait til I'm in high school since I'm only in junior high now.
Even if Kaname was a hero, I still wouldn't like him xD
I just feel that Yuki is better off with Zero.
He's sacrificed a lot for her and all Kaname did was save her life xD
Well, it makes a big difference but not in my book XP
Plus, Kaname just seems like he wants to "specialize" the moments at some points xD
If you get what I mean...hehe.

God, I can't stand Misa!! I wish that they killed her off instead of Light..

I can't really explain Black Bird since I don't really pay much attention to the parts with all the details since it's boring to me..
But here's the link for what it's about. It explains it better than what I ever can.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bird_(manga)
You can check it out on Manga Fox if they didn't take it down already.

lol yeah but i do feel that light had to go in the end or there wouldnt be a conclusion to the story.

I definetly think zero should get yuki because like you say he is more devout to her. Kadame on the other hand seems to only want her to preserve the Noble blood line of the kurans and unite humans and vampires. Which isnt really romantic in my opinon but is for the greater good. However i think Zero should man up a bit and tell yuki that he loves her and end the whole i cant tell her because its complicate (when its not) direction. I mean if he can get shot stabbed bitten destroy evil vampires and stay sane i am sure he can tell yuki how he feels XD

looking at black bird , it looks intresting will keep n eye out for it ^_^.

Back
Top Bottom