What's new

Heya

Kaneki

Registered
27 Apr 2016
Hey my name is Kaneki. I come from the boring country no one cares about called United Kingdom ^^ in detail England :p
I was originally born in Poland with it being my first language but I would appreciate if you would take English as my first language as I moved to UK as a very small child, my Polish is not that good and English is my main language. This means please don't throw comments like ''It's because English isn't your first language'' I learned it alongside children here at a small age so the difference is minor if there is any.
I have signed up here because I want to learn Japanese for many things, I wished to do so for years but today a certain type of news pushed me. I play a lot of video games and today I have found out that Atlus may stop releasing games in Europe... alongside a long awaited game called Persona 5. I kind of I guess, got angry and decided to actually start learning Japanese to be able to play the games, watch anime, read magazines and books how they were supposed to be read. Moving to Japan is not a high priority as I realise the difficulty it must be to do, I have loved Japan since the age of 8 ^^" My family always thought my obsession will just fly away but that never happened xD
I hope we can be friends.

+ you don't allow pictures in signatures?
edit: nvm gone brain dead and forgot bbcode exists. What a programmer I am.

Sorry again but what is your image size for signatures limit? none work for me even ones that are like height 50 pixels

Welcome to the forum! :)
And good luck with your Japanese studies. I was going to say you might even be able to release a fan translation for Persona one day, but it looks like it's console only, too bad :p

Concerning signature images:
Please notice that signature image dimensions are restricted to a maximum size of 300x75px.
Maybe it's too wide?

Last edited:
Tried putting this in signature ezgif-3209672408.gif width is 75 still doesn't work :c Thanks for the welcome :p

I don't know if the rules forbid them, but I would be eternally grateful if you refrained from using something animated like that.

I don't know if the rules forbid them, but I would be eternally grateful if you refrained from using something animated like that.
I have seen someone use a gif of Korean singers as their signature so no they are not forbidden. Sorry but I want to use it, it is Japanese animation so it does link with Japan. I won't change my mind sorry.

I have seen someone use a gif of Korean singers as their signature so no they are not forbidden. Sorry but I want to use it, it is Japanese animation so it does link with Japan. I won't change my mind sorry.

Just as you wish. I'm afraid I will just have to be deprived of the pleasure of your company.

Just as you wish. I'm afraid I will just have to be deprived of the pleasure of your company.
I don't really care much about that sorry, you can like me or you can not. That is not something I will try to change, not trying to be rude just honest about my feelings.

I don't really care much about that sorry, you can like me or you can not. That is not something I will try to change, not trying to be rude just honest about my feelings.

Nor am I trying to be rude. It isn't a matter of liking or disliking you. I just find animated gifs annoying and would rather... however reluctantly...put someone on the ignore list than have to look at them. You are very welcome here and I wish you all the best.

Nor am I trying to be rude. It isn't a matter of liking or disliking you. I just find animated gifs annoying and would rather... however reluctantly...put someone on the ignore list than have to look at them. You are very welcome here and I wish you all the best.
If you wish to put me on ignore list that's fine. Thanks for the welcome and I wish you all the best too.

If you wish to put me on ignore list that's fine. Thanks for the welcome and I wish you all the best too.

I will happily be basking in the glow of your presence until the animations show up.

I just find animated gifs annoying and would rather... however reluctantly...put someone on the ignore list than have to look at them.
That's where content blocking plugins like AdBlock and uBlock can come in handy. Then again, maybe it'll turn out the forum doesn't accept .gif's in signatures (anymore) in the first place... Can't say I've ever seen one here.

That's where content blocking plugins like AdBlock and uBlock can come in handy. Then again, maybe it'll turn out the forum doesn't accept .gif's in signatures (anymore) in the first place... Can't say I've ever seen one here.
That could be a possibility since normal text works for signatures for me. Maybe the person I seen with a gif had it from a long time ago.

Moving avatars seem to have gone out of style a few years ago . I remember everyone wanted one for a while. I think all the motion from every member having one was a bit distracting with long threads.

Moving avatars seem to have gone out of style a few years ago . I remember everyone wanted one for a while. I think all the motion from every member having one was a bit distracting with long threads.
I think it hugely depends on the website personally I know websites were everyone slaps on gifs for avatar xD I guess this website just has less of them.

Back
Top Bottom