What's new

Help-lovesan/blaster Virus-help!!!!

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
LUC's PC shows signs of this virus. Anyone know a quick way for him to fix the problem. He may not be able to do much with his machine before he gets the error message; will he need another PC to get out of his mess?
If anyone has a simple step by step process, please let him know!

Thanks

Frank

i replied in the original thread. turning on the windows firewall wll prevent further infection which is what causes windows to shutdown...

Frank D. White said:
LUC's PC shows signs of this virus. Anyone know a quick way for him to fix the problem. He may not be able to do much with his machine before he gets the error message; will he need another PC to get out of his mess?
If anyone has a simple step by step process, please let him know!
To remove the worm, download stinger.exe:
http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.exe

Only ~700k, fits on a diskette. Run it! Problem should be solved.

Other removal tools can be found here:
Cyber security solutions for your home and business | F-Secure
Symantec Security Center

Thanks, Hopefully Luc's Pc Will Be Fixed Now!!

There was a ton of info on Google about it, but never sure what to believe. Hopefully LUC will let us know how he made out cleaning up.

Frank

I've been using AVG, the free version, because...well, it's free...at least for now... :D
AVG Free Antivirus Download | Virus Protection Software

free version: AVG Free Antivirus Download | Virus Protection Software
it doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the other versions, but the main point is to keep the buggies out of your system... :)

and they update their virus signatures quite often.... :D

another added bonus....

then get yourself spybot, anti-spyware: Home - Spybot Anti-Malware and Antivirus to get rid of the spyware you may not know about.... :D

then go get the free version of zonealarm free firewalll version at www.zonelabs.com

I think Zone Alarm is a good program and I've stopped a couple connection attempted stuff already, however, the one released sometime in December, seems to screw my computer up after installing it. When you restart and your comp loads up, it shows this blue error with a bunch of text, and your computer restarts, and it goes on and on... and I had to go into safe-mode to uninstall it. Hopefully that doesn't happen to anyone.

I'm using this ClnPoza and it finds some virus but the shut down still pops out, so I'm trying the Stinger now, let see how that goes

Thanks for the help, but all of these seem the same they scan my c drive but after a few minutes of scanning the Win32 error pops up and my pc shuts down.

I think ill just format my pc and start fresh.

try disconnecting from the net, then cleaning.
each new instance of the worm will shutdown windows. i ended up with 7 instances of it on my computer before i realized that if i didnt connect to the net my computer didnt shutdown

I tried not connecting but it just gives me a couple more minutes to spare.

I've rolled back my windows to the last known working format. I lost my sound but its been a while I'm on and I haven't seen then win32 pop up.

hmm maybe you had something completly different. well i hope it all works out for ya. i dunno about the sound thing. but if ya have any other questions feel free to ask.

I think if I remember correctly, you're suppose to install the Microsoft patch before running the stinger (to prevent more from entering your system). I think. Have you done that?
Oh, and make sure that your system restore function is off if you're using WinXP.
Go to My Computer (right-click) > Properties > System Restore tab, Turn off System Restore
This way, when you have to restart your computer after removing the virus, Windows won't restore an old one with the virus on it (which I hear will happen if you don't turn off System Restore). Make sure to turn it back on when it's all good.

The virus comes from the net and it just spreads around. Make sure that after you formatted, you have the MS patches installed. Else, once you hook up to the net, *bam* you're instantly infected again.

Back
Top Bottom