What's new

Hello

Luxpyre

先輩
22 Oct 2002
Hello, I go by luxpyre.
I am from Oregon in the US, but am going to school in Idaho which is okay to visit, but I am getting tired of living here. I am a senior in college and I have always found Japanese culture fascinating, but I don't think I would call myself a "japanophile" at least yet. I hope to be going to Japan with the JET program next year if everything works out with other things, after which time I will be able to give a final verdict on the japanophile status. I hope to be able to say that I am one after that time because if I don't, that probably means my upcoming year is not going to be as good as I hope it will be. ;)

Good Luck.

JET program isn't bad but I'm sure you'll enjoy the benefit of what the program can give you more than the program itself.

Cheers and hope you have fun here at the boards.

Hi luxpyre🙂 and welcome to the board,,, I wish I was you going to japan next year, you lucky duck!,, anyway welcome again and have fun here,

Thanks for the welcome! It is always nice to have a friendly and acitve forum staff! I am glad I found this place! I am very excited about going to Japan, to the point of driving my roomates crazy about it. Hopefully I will cool down as it will be almost a year before I actually go, at least! I am currently applying to medical school and I need to get in to a school that allows admission deferment (starting a year after actually being accepted) in order to go to Japan (or just not get in, but that means trying to apply from Japan! yuck. I would be forced to come back in the middle of the year to interview) or go in the middle of Med school. But I don't know if I can wait that long.

Go to school, then after a quarter or so take off for Japan for a bit. Better to secure a school now then late. Trying to take exams later is much much harder.

Good Luck

Oh, securing a place in school comes first absolutely. Some schools have programs that let you apply for enterance one year, but you don't actually start for another year. That is what I am planning on doing. I understand it is not all that uncommon. If I have to make a choice between med school and Japan, school comes first, and I will just take a year off to go in the middle!

Good. I was just concerned that you might choose a lower level school just to get deferred entrance ability.

eeek! I sound like your father!
Sorry!

Med school can be very hard to get into. It is not that common to be accepted at more than one school. It is saying quite a lot if you are! So, that is the biggest obstacle to me going to Japan next year. Also, the quality of the school has more to do with the research projects going on than the actuall medical program, so it really doesn't matter how prestigous of a school you get into, just as long as you get into one!

Back
Top Bottom