What's new

Hello

rain052213

Registered
6 Oct 2015
Hi, everyone. As you no doubt have noticed, I am new on the forums.

I have lived all over the United States throughout my life, mostly in Alaska and Oklahoma. I moved a lot as a child. Somewhere along the line I became interested in linguistics. Otherwise I write, draw, sew (cosplays mostly), and make my own zombie films. :)

I am pretty new to the Japanese language, though so far I find it to be one of my favorites. I have dabbled in many, having conversational skills in German and French and marginal skills in several other languages.

Unfortunately, living in the midwest United States has made it hard for me to find anyone that is willing or able to help me study Japanese, and, unlike German, I find that I need some kind of outside help. I do not have a vast library of Japanese music (I picked up German so quickly due in part to my large German rock music collection :3) to help me and nobody I know knows how to speak the language, or even read the characters.

I can admit, I am only fully familiar with Hiragana and partially familiar with Katakana, but I am learning :).

Anyway, enough of my rambling. In summation, I have a great interest in language in general, and Japanese is one that I am currently trying to learn, but I need some help getting my feet off the ground so to speak. If there is anyone on the forum willing to help, I would greatly appreciate it, and hopefully in good time I will be proficient in Japanese. Let me know what works for you (ie skype, email, etc) and I will try to accommodate you as well as I can. Thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom