What's new

Happy Thanksgiving!

Clawn

The Wise *****
6 Feb 2005
Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all! (even if ur not from America)I hope that all of u get a turkey feast! Anywho, my birthday is also on Thanksgiving, so I get a special bonus(cake and turkey, who could want more?).:) :) :)

Since Thanksgiving is an American holiday, here's some backround information on it:
It was started way back when the European pilgrims who settled north America(in Plymouth, if my memory upholds) finally had things going well enough to stop and give thanks for whatever blessings they had! And now we Americans celebrate it with a gathering of friends and family on the last Thursday of November where they'll feast on many foods, but the most celebrated course is Turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving!

So actually it's far from American...just something the Americans assimilated, just like Halloween. ;-)

Cheers, my thanksgiving is a cheese and branston pickle sandwich, dark clouds and snow on the way, and im in the dog-house from my other half.

But i aint american so.. :p

Happy thanksgiving yankidoodles, if only we could all have two turkey dinners at this end of the year :S.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I'd love to have really good cranberry sauce for once... :p
(Never had REAL homecooked Thanksgiving dinner...😭 )

Truth be told, I hadn't even noticed it was that time of the year again until one of my students pointed it out to me. Was like "Damn... I need to call my mom and wish her well, heh". Happy Turkey-Day all.:cool:

I had a great Thanksgiving with lots of family at my cousin Denise's house. And despite my best intentions, I shamelessly stuffed myself, then had the nerve to take a doggie bag home. But that was when I made the mistake of watching "CSI" when I got back to the house where the victim du jour was a fat guy found dead in a dumpster, and when they had the obligatory autopsy scene where he was cut open, my tummy seriously roiled. I'll never combine Thanksgiving dinner with that show ever again!

:D :D :D :D :D

Bump for 2006 !

Hope everyone who celebrates TG has a happy and safe one !

Uncle Frank

PS - Click on my turkey and he will dance for you!

Last edited:
YAY have a wonderful happy and safe Thanksgiving everybody may you all make wonderful memories :)

Happy Thanksgiving, I just had a helluva banquet at an American military hotel; and Akebono was there!!

I read that the word Yank was actully the Native American word for Englishman 😌

Do you have special decorations for thanks giving in America?:)

A Sumo Wrestler i love Sumo wrestling i don't know much about it but it is great to watch

Thank you for telling me ^^

Back
Top Bottom