What's new

Hajimemashite. Douzo yoroshiku

Marc

先輩
30 Mar 2003
Hello everyone,

I've been browsing this forum since December, but due to my lack of time, just registered a few days ago.

A little about myself. Hmm....

Well, I'm a 21-year-old Computer Science Undergraduate who was supposed to be graduating by the end of this year. But, due to a few personal decisions, I decided to move to a better university and now I don't know when I'll graduate (I hope until the end of this decade:D )

My future plans are to finish my graduate studies at an American or Japanese university.

I'll watch any kind of anime, except Pokemon-like. And yes, I watch girlie anime without complaining (ok, I can be a freak sometimes, but the drawing is much better than shonen anime). I also like Japanese cars.

I have a considerable knowledge of computer programming and architecture, but it could be better if I didn't waste my time playing computer and console games.:D

Besides my game addiction, I also enjoy learning new idioms. Right now, I can speak Portuguese, Spanish and English. I'll be taking the Spanish Proficiency Test in May and the CPE by the end of the year.

I'm also studying Japanese which is, until now, my favorite language. My Japanese sensei is one of the funniest people I've ever met.:D I do like reading about Japanese culture and society and I do intend to travel to Japan someday. I take any language-learning process as a challenge and won't give up until I reach proficiency or something close to this.

Enough about me, I'm glad to meet you all and I hope we'll share pleasant moments and messages.

See you soon.

PS: If you want to talk to me privately, feel free to ask and I'll give you my e-mail address and/or IM number.

glad to have you here marc, im sure youll get alot from the forums. i wish there were some japanese courses around here though :\
have fun.

Greetings and welcome! Great intro btw. :cool:

"I have a considerable knowledge of computer programming and architecture, but it could be better if I didn't waste my time playing computer and console games."

LOL, you sound exactly like two of my friends, one who works as a network engineer and the other who's in charge of IT services for LSSU (Lake Superior State University), heh. Great to have you aboard. Make yourself at home and enjoy your stay.
:)

Hi Marc ! Welcome aboard ! Where about in Brazil are you from ? Is there any Japanese community in your region ?

Originally posted by Maciamo
Hi Marc ! Welcome aboard ! Where about in Brazil are you from ? Is there any Japanese community in your region ?

Well, I'm from a city called Belo Horizonte. It's a big city (2M people I guess) but you've problably never heard of (no offense, it's just that most of the foreigners have only heard of Rio and Sao Paulo).
And yes, there is a Japanese community here. Actually, they usually meet at the place where I study Japanese. It's called "Nipo-Brazilian Culture Society" and is maintained by the Japanese government itself. One can find plenty of activities, like festivals, judo and kendo practicing and, of course, Japanese classes.
A Japanese Food Festival will be held in there this weekend. I can barely wait for it. 🍜

Back
Top Bottom