What's new

Greenpeace blocks whaling ship at refueling

Sarapva

Midnight and Snowflake
25 Feb 2007
Brave indeed, another issue about a unallowed actions of the whalers and Co.
Thanks for posting, Sarapva!

The Japanese have signed a treaty agreeing not to refuel in the Antarctic sanctuary because of environmental concerns, but apparently are doing it anyway.

Greenpeace Activists Block Refueling of Japanese Whaling Fleet's Factory Ship in Whale Sanctuary

This is getting ridiculous!

Something has to be done about these tyrants, their actions and breaking the law..

Surely somebody can do something..

Refuelling in the ocean is a dangerous scenario should something go wrong..

I just wish these whalers would pack their bags and head home..

Refuelling in the ocean is a dangerous scenario should something go wrong..
I just wish these whalers would pack their bags and head home..

Yes, me too. You'd think they'd be getting tired of being followed constantly by Greenpeace and the Steve Irwin, not to mention the Oceanic Viking! Something has got to be done about about the "We're-not-bound-by-any-laws" attitude of the whalers.

Read the following, to read past Japanese public response
www .icrwhale.org/eng/57BriefingNote.doc

The IWC sanctuary in the Antarctic applies to commercial whaling only. It does not apply to research whaling conducted under Article VIII of the ICRW5. In regards to Australia's designated sanctuary, many countries including the U.S. and Japan do not recognize Australia's Antarctic claim. The Antarctic Treaty, to which Australia is a member, freezes all Antarctic claims. From the perspective of the international community therefore, Australia's claim and its sanctuary in Antarctic waters, which it has declared under its domestic legislation, has no legal standing in international law and therefore no effect.
----
Have you ever heard IWC is claiming to Japan about this time whaling as illegal?
Have you ever seen Australia government's claim to Japan about violating international law?
(Australian is accusing Japan only by Australian local law, as you know. If Australia finds something the whalers violating international law, Clear protestation would be relayed to Japan through the public diplomatic channels, I can vouch.)

I've already given up to make a rational argument with you.
But I recommend you to read law texts itself before
accepting all the sayings of Greenpeace as holy scripture and
saying like -"We're-not-bound-by-any-laws" attitude of the whalers.-.
Now, Greenpeace ships also could be issued for violating Maritime law.
Japan is still patient, not to sue such sanctimonious hypocrites.

By the way,
Greenpeace says so, Greenpeace says like that.....
Do you really believe Greenpeace are fighter for justice, being fair, never lying?
http: // luna.pos.to/whale/gen_art_green.html
I also encourage you to Go to library and read something about Greenpeace Money, In and Out. It's a great business and always need sponsors and scapegoat.

Ignorance is the mother of devotion. / Science has no enemy but the ignorant.

Yes, me too. You'd think they'd be getting tired of being followed constantly by Greenpeace and the Steve Irwin, not to mention the Oceanic Viking! Something has got to be done about about the "We're-not-bound-by-any-laws" attitude of the whalers.

Definitely, this once more is a clear sign for the "honesty" of the whalers first, who have no rights now indeed!

By the way, the youtube videos are already known. . .they only confirm the illegal presence of the fuelling ship, definitely under the whaler's command.
Thus they are clearly the lawbreakers here. Greenpeace is nothing compared with their actions.

It looks, as if the whaling-PR machinery once more wishes to blind people.

Read thoroughly, please, TripLover:

"The Oriental Bluebird must leave Antarctic waters immediately. Your presence here is unwanted and a threat to the pristine Antarctic environment which has been declared a particularly sensitive sea area by the International Maritime Organization and a 'natural reserve, devoted to peace and science' by the Environmental Protocol to the Antarctic Treaty. A refueling operation within the Treaty area would be contrary to the spirit of the Antarctic Treaty. Japan, as a party to this Treaty, must comply with the letter and the spirit of the Treaty and not refuel within the Treaty area and comply with Treaty provisions on the Prevention of Environmental Pollution."

While Japan's government issues permits for six so-called "scientific whaling" ships to hunt in the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary, the Panamanian-flagged Oriental Bluebird has no such paperwork.

Its even against Japanese governmental laws. . .still not clear, what happens HERE?

Who is ignorant then?

I would say, that the premier rather wishes to have it under the carpet, not to be disturbed.
Sticking to the scientific label is questionable already in itself, because the kind of "science" included here will raise enough turbulences.
But since it finally becomes an issue in Davos, it will catch more attention around the world, which may not have happened without the last events.

Back
Top Bottom