What's new

Grammar for JLPT 4

teo

後輩
22 Jan 2006
Hi,
I´m searching a list of grammar points that i have to know for JLTP 4. I can´t buy any book so I want a website with that list.

Thanks!!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

teo said:
Hi,
I´m searching a list of grammar points that i have to know for JLTP 4. I can´t buy any book so I want a website with that list.

Thanks!!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Hi teo,
My honest advice would be not to bother with JLPT 4. It is pretty much meaningless and with a bit more effort you could have a try at the JLPT 3, after all you have a whole year.

I would also not recommend trying to find a website covering all of the JLPT 4 grammar points. Just keep working with the textbook you are using now and you will cover it all anyway - in a more structured fashion with better explanations. If you still want to find it then I'm sure you can use google as well as anyone else 🙂:

Good Luck with your Japanese,
Katherine

KrazyKat said:
Hi teo,
My honest advice would be not to bother with JLPT 4. It is pretty much meaningless and with a bit more effort you could have a try at the JLPT 3, after all you have a whole year.

Level 3 is as meaningless as level 4 so aiming for either is just fine IMO. I did level 4 last year after 11 months of study and I still found it pretty hard, especially the listening part. Mind you, I didn't study specifically for the test until the day before so there was heaps of grammar that I didn't know, and I knew a fair bit of grammar that I didn't need for the test. So try for level 4, pass it easily, then aim for level 2 next year! Anyway, try the following website for help with the JLPT (any level):

MLC Japanese Language School in Tokyo | Online lessons for English speakers

There is a big gap between lvl 2 & 4, and to make that jump from 4 to 2 directly is not recommended unless you have a sound command in Kanji and intermediate grammar. If you go to university you can expect to achieve that level in 2 years of study.

Level 4 is pretty much a waste of money. The only thing that you could do with the level 4 certificate is that you can tell others who don't speak a word of Japanese besides "konnichiwa" or "ohayoo" that you know a couple more Japanese words than they do. On the other hand, the preparing for the level 3 should give you a thorough basic background on the different aspects of the language (although I cannot say you can survive in Japan with level 3 Japanese)

Use the kanzen masuta series for level 1,2,3. They can be ordered at amazon.jp

Also, for listening, you can try the nihongo journal. From what I know, they are starting to publish new editions again.

"(although I cannot say you can survive in Japan with level 3 Japanese)
"

Oh god, I'm screwed.

If you know all the particles, dont' you know all the grammar?

What level is japanese 4 at?

GoldCoinLover said:
"(although I cannot say you can survive in Japan with level 3 Japanese)
"
Oh god, I'm screwed.
If you know all the particles, dont' you know all the grammar?
What level is japanese 4 at?
No offense, Kevin, but this statement shows that you still have a very naive understanding of what it means to learn a language.

It's like asking, "If you know all the words like 'a', 'the', 'from', 'on', 'to', etc. doesn't that mean that you know everything about English grammar?"

The obvious answer is -- of course not.

Then there's also the question of what it means to "know" a particular grammatical structure, particle, or what have you.

Back
Top Bottom