What's new

Good paying jobs that a forigner could do

Knives

後輩
2 Jul 2004
hi im wondering what other jobs are there that has a good salary besides teaching english in japan and thing will help thx 🙂

Depends on your skills, education, experience and Japanese ability. Got all of them you could do anything ;)

i was wondering, in a big city like tokyo there have to lot's of supermarkets or other things with refrigurators... no?
i'm currently studying electro-technics and going to do an extra year cooling-technics. here in belgium, when i graduate i'll immediately heve a job, couse there aren't much cooling-technicians. but i don't know if in japan it's the same.

i have no idea what the wages are here but my dad said they get payed really good. i thought he said something like 37竄ャ/hour => 44$
(but the thing is, they dont work an hour on one thing, it's gotta go fast couse else all the food in the refrigurator will come bad.) also 24/7 availableness.

tha_rippa1be said:
i was wondering, in a big city like tokyo there have to lot's of supermarkets or other things with refrigurators... no?
i'm currently studying electro-technics and going to do an extra year cooling-technics. here in belgium, when i graduate i'll immediately heve a job, couse there aren't much cooling-technicians. but i don't know if in japan it's the same.

You would need good Japanese language abilities. There may also be some licensing requirements, not sure though.

Ewok85 said:
Something above minimum is always nice :D

Minimum for foreigners on a working visa? Or minimum for Japanese? If the latter, it varies by prefecture. And you'd have to work one hell of a lot of hours to make more than the foreigner working visa minimum. In Gunma, I believe the current minimum is about 650 yen/hour.

Minimum for foreigners on a working visa? Or minimum for Japanese?

Technically it should be the same, but I can see it being different :(

I'd call good <400,000en / month. (edited *cough*)

Last edited:
I believe the Immigration folks require sponsors of working visas to guarantee a minimum of 250,000 per month. Not entirely sure. I don't keep up with it since it doesn't apply to my situation. The minimum wages are set by the prefectures, and they don't give a hang about what the immigration folks say. So as far as they are concerned, then it almost certainly would be the same. The difference being, of course, that Immigration has no say over what wages Japanese get.

And please please please tell me you left a zero off that amount.

Back
Top Bottom