What's new

GENEPAX water-powered cars

Jitenchakun

Professional sushi taster
1 Jul 2008
I'm hearing About cars that run on water by a japans company called GENEPAX. Sounds pretty incredible! Anyone have insight on this?
Genepax a Japanese company, recently revealed in Osaka an electric powered car that can run on any type of water (you can even use tea and soda...etc). The car can run for an hour at about 50 miles per hour on just a liter of water; about 2 cans of soda worth. As long as a bottle of water is on hand, that is how long the car will run. Genepax will truly change the world as we know it which is ironic since the media is giving hardly any coverage to such a world changing event; I am sure conspiracy theorists will have plenty to say about this. Unlike other electric cars, the Genepax car does not require that batteries be recharged and has no emission. The water electrical generator is located in the back of the car and when water is poured it is then broken down in order to create electricity to power the car. Imagine what such a generator could do to the oil industry, the nuclear plants and the electrical grid; it wont be pretty for them. Of course the prices of such a car along with other hydrogen model vehicles are well beyond the means of the average consumers so far. Any new technology when first introduced is astronomical in price, but as more manufacturers catch on to the new idea, the price slowly but surely comes back down to earth.

As I thought I this seems to be misleading at best, if not an outright hoax.
ecogeek.org/content/view/1769/68

It's embarassing that the Reuters news about these guys are circulating on youtube. It seems that even some tax payers money has been invested in this junk, outright embarassing. These journalists (Reuters and a few Japanese papers) should really consult third-party opinions before believing this sort of things straight away.

They are not the first one to claim water-powered cars. These claims have been made by many over the decades and none of them were valid. In this particular case, they have a schematic diagram on the site, the first box in the diagram shows this mysterious chemical reaction where water goes in and voila H2 and O2 come out, with no significant energy input. Well I'm sorry this is very much a typical perpetual motionist invention. They fall short of claiming perpetual motion, well, there I would say, why not? they admit the final product is water too, let's put it all back in the tank again. lol.

(The generated H2 powers the fuel cell, that part is no-brainer and nothing's wrong there, I think)

http://www.genepax.co.jp/pdf/wes_20080613_ver1.pdf

Last edited:
actually water powered cars are not complete fantasy...

while using water as the actual FUEL i.e. energy imput is pure myth....

water IS H2....01 as it were....
and when you put them together with a little spark....you get alot of bang...

take a look at something called 'Joe's cell'

from what i understand by placing a neutral plate inbetween the
cathode and annode used in electrolisys (no can't spell it i give up
:p)

the amount of current (amps) needed halves and the amount of gas
released doubles....
put another neutral plate inbetween the + and - electrodes and the
required current halves again and the gas output once again doubles!!

the idea is that with a small amount of electricity one can split the
water....and then simply combust the hydrogen in a converted car
engine.

while this would work and i have seen it work....(on the net)
personally i remain somewhat sceptical....
2 electrons are required to split each atom of water....
and the result of burning hydogen...is water!

however it HAS to be said that this would be ALOT more efficiant than
using an electric motor (a very inefficient machine due to the backy
m.f. principle)
so while your battery would need charging...perhaps a car battery on a
single charge could last a long time....
also if one could combine it with hi-tech solar panels and leech some
power from the brakes it could be made even better...

so yes...cars that use water instead of petrol exist...but the water
is not the FUEL!

and why would energy companies not want this.....

because you can make the vital component the joe's cell yourself for
penny's if you wanted to!!! (tho probably about ツ≫??0 if you wanted top
notch components but still thats CHEAP!!)

however i have not gotten round to building one myself...(tho i intend
to)....so cannot vouch for the validity of the joe's cell .... but
it's global and would have to be a REALLY big hoax if it was one!

worth looking into!

That's great! If everybody would use that kind of car, we could save our beautiful planet...

actually water powered cars are not complete fantasy...
Ok. In fact it's quite easy. I can carry some solid sodium and water onboard, and I can make H2 come out. Or I can simply carry a massive battery onboard and generate H2 via electrolysis. The question is how do I make enough amount of solid sodium to go with H20, or how do I charge the battery big enough for electrolysis, etc. It's possible but you are not saving anything. (These are stupid examples but similar questions can be asked of water-powered cars and that's always where these ideas collapse.)
while using water as the actual FUEL i.e. energy imput is pure myth....
water IS H2....01 as it were....
Using water as working fluid, or a part of working fluid, has been experimented since many years ago. There happens to be a Japanese start-up in Kyushu doing just that. But they don't claim it's water powered, they call it H2-H20-powered, i.e. liquid hydrogen is needed separately. Water is H20, breaking this bond requires an enormous amount of energy input. This you can't cheat. Catalysis only lowers the activation energy but not the shear difference in chemical potential. You'd be violating the 1st law of thermodynamics.
and when you put them together with a little spark....you get alot of bang...
take a look at something called 'Joe's cell'
from what i understand by placing a neutral plate inbetween the
cathode and annode used in electrolisys (no can't spell it i give up
:p)
the amount of current (amps) needed halves and the amount of gas
released doubles....
put another neutral plate inbetween the + and - electrodes and the
required current halves again and the gas output once again doubles!!
the idea is that with a small amount of electricity one can split the
water....
Here I don't understand how that could be possible. This is more than a perpetual motion machine. The less you put, the more you get. If this neutral plate is a catalysis, then no it wont work due to the reason given above. If not, often times these neutral plates are in fact the source of energy (i.e. fuel), and manufacturing these things require a lot of energy and wear out quick.
while this would work and i have seen it work....(on the net)
That's the thing. No water-powered concept has ever been verified independently. It's always a claim shown on the net, the TV, etc.

Having said that, in fact, water-powered cars and perpetual motion machines are my favorite subject for years, though I have never been convinced. These people fascionate me in a sense. But of thermodynamics, Einstein once said:
Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of general nature of which I am convinced that it will never be overthrown.
with which I fully agree.

Ok. In fact it's quite easy. I can carry some solid sodium and water onboard, and I can make H2 come out. Or I can simply carry a massive battery onboard and generate H2 via electrolysis. The question is how do I make enough amount of solid sodium to go with H20, or how do I charge the battery big enough for electrolysis, etc. It's possible but you are not saving anything. (These are stupid examples but similar questions can be asked of water-powered cars and that's always where these ideas collapse.)

i think that the idea of joe's cell is that it makes electrolysis more efficient...thus a big batter is not needed...

i've seen them running quite well off a 9 volt battery!
actually producing quite a large amount of bubbles...

so they idea (as far as i can tell) is that a normal car battery would be enough!

i think that the idea of joe's cell is that it makes electrolysis more efficient...thus a big batter is not needed...
i've seen them running quite well off a 9 volt battery!
actually producing quite a large amount of bubbles...
so they idea (as far as i can tell) is that a normal car battery would be enough!
Efficiency does not reduce the amount of energy required. It reduces the energy transfer loss. With a normal car battery, how much (in mass) of hydrogen can you produce? There is a reason why hydrogen needs to be stored as liquid cryogenically, because gaseous hydrogen has extremely low volumetric energy content. Producing lots of bubbles might be interesting, but can you run a vehicle with it? No.

I don't think you have ever seen a vehicle powered like that, hydrogen electrolysis running on a battery only, operating in a normal transportation environment. They are always clever enough to hide the crucial backdoor piece. No water-powered car has ever been verified independently.

i would have to agree....

one does need to be carefull about what you see on the net.

as i said... i have yet to verify this tech. for myself.... and am somewhat sceptical myself...however...having said that.... there is much tech. in this world we are kept blind to....

i have big respect for mr Tesla...yet alot of his creations are suppressed...why is that?

if you have not looked into mr Nikola Tesla i think it may well interest you

and DEF check out
"Singing Tesla Coil" on you tube!

Back
Top Bottom