What's new

Geisha Beautiful?

Dutch Baka said:
do you think the geisha is beautifull?
and what do you think is most beautifull about them??

i love the way they have there hair. and the white on the face...

I do think that they are beautiful. In my opinon it is because they are meant (in my opinion) to be pictures of perfection... i think that they are definatly beautiful some don't have that same just natural beauty but even in make up they are beautiful

allright duo or whatever your retarded geisha arent prostitutes they are artists the oiran are prostitutes and geisha are the japanese equvilant of movie stars in the west and prostitution was banned in japan in 1959 allright (edit by Dutch Baka because of bad language) !!!!!!!!!!:auch::auch::auch:

Last edited by a moderator:
allright duo or whatever your retarded geisha arent prostitutes they are artists the oiran are prostitutes and geisha are the japanese equvilant of movie stars in the west and prostitution was banned in japan in 1959 allright (edit by Dutch Baka because of bad language):auch::auch::auch:

For someone who may be 12 years old might I suggest that if you have a counter point to make to another member here you do so with less, how should I say this, "harsh" language.

Let the merits of what you have to say stand on their own, if you can back up what you have to say with proof from other sources by all means include it here.

By yelling and swearing at someone, particularly on a message board it really doesnt help make your points any more believable than anyone elses.

People that post here will respond more positively on the merits of what you have to say and not how you are writing it.

btw I agree with what you about about not being prostitutes, not all women that sleep with men for renumeration are prostitutes.

allright duo or whatever your retarded geisha arent prostitutes they are artists the oiran are prostitutes and geisha are the japanese equvilant of movie stars in the west and prostitution was banned in japan in 1959 allright (edit by Dutch Baka because of bad language)!!!!!!!!!!:auch::auch::auch:

Please please please, watch your language and manner. This is a nice board that is inhabited by nice people. If someone holds a contrary opinion or muddled up facts, then explain yourself in a polite manner.

What your saying may be true, but the way in which it was delivered was scathing.

im sorry for what i said everybody its just i take the subject of geisha very seriously and when i saw what duo said i just snapped i hear this all the time that geisha are prostitutes i just get out of control i was basically teaching the class on japan and this stupid girl sat up and said "aren't geisha prostitutes?" and i said "no yujo,juro,and tayuu,oiran!are prostitutes!!! then i almost started screaming at her. i was really embaressed!

Pseudo20Geisha-1.jpg
Are these people real geishas? Or just cosplayers..

i was basically teaching the class on japan and this stupid girl sat up and said "aren't geisha prostitutes?" and i said "no yujo,juro,and tayuu,oiran!are prostitutes!!! then i almost started screaming at her. i was really embaressed!

Wow, your "teaching" approach and overall demeanor towards your students is amusing... Your profile says you are 12 and have never been to Japan. I am curious what qualifications/credentials you think you have that someone would let you teach a class on Japan as you mentioned above?

hmmm i dont know im not saying our defenition of beauty is better, im just saying that i dont find geishas to be sex godesses.

I don't know a lot of Japanese culture... but I know that Geishas speciality is not "sex", but grace, feminity and art... the "sex" thing, is much secondary.

Looking right now at the dictionary, I see that Geisha (芸者) is someone with abilities, someone artistic...

Many people in the West, confound the role of the Geisha with that of the prostitute... and of course it is a mistake (note: western-like prostitution also exist in Japan). The role of a prostitute and a Geisha, is in both case to amuse and entertain, but with different approaches.

I myself do not find "sexuality" in the view of a photo of a Geisha. I don't know if it is due to my lack of appreciation.

However, a couple of Japanese I personally know (one of them teaches Japanese in a local University) dressed in western-type clothes, I have found very attractive. :D

Last edited:
Lol true. I think they're beautiful because they're so far removed from current ideals of beauty. And the fact that they conduct themselves so gracefully and elegantly as opposed to all the crudeness and vulgarity I see everyday just appeals to me.

It's funny how most of the women are saying they find Geisha beautiful and most of the men are like, Meh. lol, I guess it's true, women really don't know what men want XD

After reading memoirs of a geisha, I was kind of sickened by the treatment towards women in post WWII times. In terms of looks, they are fine but in terms of inner beauty, i am kind of drifting the other way. But besides the photos and that book(which was great and I deemed true) I have no other knowledge of geisha.

As a straight man, giving my opinion on solely "the appearance" of the women, I'd say they have too much make-up and would look "hotter" without some of it... eh maybe all of it actually. Japanese women already have the best skin tone than any other race.Their kimonos are really cool and I love some of the art on them. I think a black one would look cool.

Actually I have live one week in geisha world. Really. I'm reading Memoirs of a Geisha, and when I read I really read. So I have started to think just like geisha, acting like geisha and so on. I didn't think that "now I will be like geisha" it just came with that story. Maybe it changed me somehow, I have been more calm, think what to say, I have been very polite. And it feels good. I know that a few day after ending reading I will be again "normal me".

I think that geishas are one of the most beatiful thing in the world. They are "artists of the floating world". Geisha's live was not easy (in older world) they didn't decide their life, they had no option "it's not for Geisha to want, it's not for Geisha to feel.. ". Somehow it's so sad and beatiful.

In these days many people do not understand what geisha is, they think that geishas are prostitutes.. but it's not true, maybe some prostitutes just say that "I'm geisha" but we have to remeber that in Japan have been also some geishas who was almost like prostitutes. Like that book Memoirs of a Geisha told. Or am I totally wrong?

I've got a retired geisha as my relative

Hello everyone, I'm new to Jref and this is my first post😌
I happened to have a relative who used be a geisha and ran an "Okiya ツ(窶冰窶ーツョツ)" (an establishment/agency which manages registered geishas) after her retirement as a geisha. Many of my extended family are very fond of traditional Japanese style entertainment, so we still enjoy traditional sort of party ツ(窶ーニ停?ーテッツ) with geishas from time to time (not often though).
There's one thing I could assure from my personal experience - geishas are not prostitutes. Whether or not getting engaged in a relationship with a particular customer is up to the geisha, yet in fact, having a relationship with a customer is considered rather a shameful act. But when it happens, the relationship is just like any normal one between two individuals - nothing to do with selling and/or buying sex.
Actually, geishas are excellent artists who had to come through elaborate training process, and they play a very important role in preserving the culture in my country. And because they are so skilful in music, dancing, playing games, talking and everything, 窶ーニ停?ーテッ with geishas is a real fun even for a female like myself!! :p
I got really scared and nearly jumped out of my skin when the first time I saw geishas in the partiy, though (I was like 5 yrs old at that time).
It's really sad to know majority of the people are under the deep influence of widespread misconception... :(
BTW, enjoying 窶ーニ停?ーテッ with geishas is not always that expensive, depending on the place, occasion, or the number of geishas/窶ーニ停?ーテッ attendees. For instance, hato-bus ツ(窶堙坂?堙?弛ニ湛ツ) offers a very good deal to have a glimpse of geisha world 👍 Punch in ナ竹ナステ陳 窶堙坂?堙?弛ニ湛 in google search box and you get the link!

Koishi-Maru wrote:"...geishas are not prostitutes...". She got right. Geishas are cultural, young woman to company at opera, theater, lunch, supper which we may talk about music, cinema etc. People who think that geisha is a prostitute are wrong and made big misteake and offend this woman.
In my opinion geisha is beautiful and perfect.
Jurek

By the way Koishi-Maru in the name of all members of JREF I want to sincerely welcome between us.

P.S.
Greetings from rainy Warsaw
Jurek1810 (or shortly Jurek)

If you are in Kyoto, there is a place called Gion Corner where you may watch Maiko perform traditional dances and play traditional instruments on stage.

Afterwards, you can get a photograph taken of you with one of the performers.

It was not very expensive (by Japanese standards) and some might call it a tourist trap but I think it was a very good experience.

Back
Top Bottom