What's new

Gay Asians working Canada want YOU to buy crap!

Emoni

先輩
20 Sep 2003
No, I'm not interested in gay Asians near my area, I'm not interested in going to a fake college like Phoenix "Uniwannabe," and no I don't want a work visa for CANADA!

:angryfire

Now that I have your attention by use of deception like so many common internet ads base their methods around... Where did this crap come from? Now with almost every forum thread there is a mid-thread advertisement SMACK in the middle of the conversation.

Ok, is this something that came with the recent forum update? I noticed it just today when I was browsing and I do NOT like it. I understand that Jref depends on funding, I understand that there have always been ads on the side or banners on Jref; however, these banners were on the side and not dead center interrupting threads which I scroll through reading like a poorly placed product in a movie that doesn't' fit and doesn't belong.

I understand that Jref needs support and revenue, but these ads step a centimeter over the "intrusive line." I don't mind ads on the side, but I DO mind when they are in the middle of what I am doing just as much as I don't like things being shoved down my throat.

Is this a poor choice on part of the forum engine itself, or did Jref drop its panties in the back alley for a quick buck at the expense of annoying me ;)

(Oh no! The gay Asian singles banner is now below me! I've nothing against people who are gay, but that guy's stalker stare giving floating head popping up freaks me out!)

That depends on the browser you are using. Mine is Netscape, which is pretty much the same as Firefox. So, if you have either, you just right click on the imagine and there will be an option called "Block images from xy.com".
If you're using a different browser, you will have to figure it out yourself.
I have not tried that many, but its fairly established technology, so I think you can find it even in the later Internet Explorer versions. Note though, its just an assumption.

We have always displayed Google ads in each thread. This was just interrupted after the upgrade to vB3.7 in May 2008, I believe. Sorry, we have no intention of annoying any of our users.

Also, Google usually displays content-related ads. I have no clue about that particular ad you referred to.

We have always displayed Google ads in each thread. This was just interrupted after the upgrade to vB3.7 in May 2008, I believe. Sorry, we have no intention of annoying any of our users.

Also, Google usually displays content-related ads. I have no clue about that particular ad you referred to.

I don't ever remember seeing the ads dead center between the forum posts...

I don't ever remember seeing the ads dead center between the forum posts...

Google displays text ads and now also graphics. Perhaps the text ads were less what you called "intrusive".

Google displays text ads and now also graphics. Perhaps the text ads were less what you called "intrusive".

I see. Well, yes, a line of text compared to large graphics of floating heads and moving logos would be significantly less intrusive in the middle of a thread.

Back
Top Bottom