What's new

FutSal / Soccer Fans

Well, I'm surprised none of you soccer heads have chatted up this little tidbit:

Mr. "Bend It" Comes to America!

David Beckham signed with the L.A. Galaxy of MLS. While I'm not exactly a huge soccer fan, I'm excited about the news since that means Posh Spice comes along for the ride! Hubba hubba! While I doubt Beckham will create any buzz for soccer in the States, it'll be interesting to see if he has any impact here.

eheheh, yeh it will def be interesting to see if he can actually use the huge media attention to actually make a change, i personally think that he mite cause a lil more interest in the first year or so but then it will go back to normal...

Only one thing I can say about that transfer: It's aaaaaaaaaaaaall about the money........... it's aaaaaaaaaaaaall about the MONEY!

well i mean come on the guy is like 34.. he's got the fortune of his life.. he wants to retire real soon.. so he decides let's play some easy football.. + he can be next to tom cruise in case he gets invited to his divorce party! Despite all that happened in Madrid, Beckham was one of my all time fav players.. so sad to see him end his career like this. But hey, he is getting all the media attention i mean what American show hasn't published that news for god's sake he was on Good Morning America! Smart Smart.. !

I think the main reason is because he would like to get a nice job (well job... is player celebrity a job) after his career, and he took the a 3-4 years plan for that.

Let's not forget his attention seeking wife who prolly just can't wait till she gets back to the public eye after her glory days with the spice gurrlz

Well, I'm surprised none of you soccer heads have chatted up this little tidbit:
Mr. "Bend It" Comes to America!
David Beckham signed with the L.A. Galaxy of MLS. While I'm not exactly a huge soccer fan, I'm excited about the news since that means Posh Spice comes along for the ride! Hubba hubba! While I doubt Beckham will create any buzz for soccer in the States, it'll be interesting to see if he has any impact here.

I seriously don't know where they get $50 million a year to pay this dude. I think it is a slap on the face to all his teammates on LA Galaxy. Yeah, he is good, but he is not any god. I seriously doubt he will be worth more than that. I mean, the MLS, its highest-payed player is Freddy Adu by half-a million dollars a year. And you are gonna pay Beckham 100x that? Some crazy stuff. But, I think, the investment here is not on the team, but on American soccer in general. He will probably change the America's viewpoint on soccer in general. Hope it is for good.

Mauricio

I seriously don't know where they get $50 million a year to pay this dude. I think it is a slap on the face to all his teammates on LA Galaxy. Yeah, he is good, but he is not any god. I seriously doubt he will be worth more than that. I mean, the MLS, its highest-payed player is Freddy Adu by half-a million dollars a year. And you are gonna pay Beckham 100x that? Some crazy stuff. But, I think, the investment here is not on the team, but on American soccer in general. He will probably change the America's viewpoint on soccer in general. Hope it is for good.
Mauricio

I think he will get all this money from the sponsors of the MLS and all that, not just the team alone

Ac Milan( the almighty..!!) remains the only non-English team running for the CL. Do you think that there's such a gap between Premiership and the other leagues?I don't think so. In a couple of years,in my opinion, serie A will be back on top: Inter will stay great, Roma maybe will improve alongside Fiorentina and maybe Lazio, Milan will be great as it was a time(remeber: this is a NO season for us) and finally , I hope, Juventus will be back. My thought is that Premiership teams are being a bit overrated...I mean, Chelsea always struggles despite the large amount of overpaid champions they have; ManU is playing good but, they barely made it against Lille and their great win against Roma overshadowed their loss against the Giallorossi. In addiction they have 3, maybe 4, great players, the rest is good/average. Liverpool is strange: great team in CL, average in the premiership. I think they have the advantage for winning the "Big Ears Cup"...
I don't see Ac Milan(altough we are not brilliant this season*euphemism*) being eliminated that easy.
I see/hope a remake of the 2005 Final: 'pool vs Milan(Milan being the underdog, this year).
Lemme know what you think!

AC milan is amazing. I've been a fan since early childhood. They are the nr1 team in Europe for 5 years running. Last year all the 3 other teams now in the semis were out...manchester even knocked out in the group stage.....
When in 2005 liverpool luckily won the final they finished not even 4th in the premeiship, while AC finished 2nd...also last year AC got knocked out against barcelona in the semifinal, undeservingly i might add cuz in in the return match Sheva scored a clear header but the ref didn't give the goal...that referee, Merk, was disallowed from participating in matches that included Italy or Sheva in the following World cup. In all these years...since 2003 milan have done extremely well in both the Serie A and the CL. Man U has a good team this year and C. Ronaldo is playing quite well but Milan has also a vast experience and tight game play that can hold the antics of the winger. Plus up front there is Kaka' -- top scorer in the CL this season while being a midfielder and Seedorf, we all saw what he can do. The win over roma 7-1 was exagerated and doesn't reflect Man U's real power on the field. I'd say AC is at least on par with MAN U if not favorite to go through. Is not true that premiership is better than other leagues. In 2003 there were also 3 italian teams amongst the top 4. Plus this past season the Serie A was struck by mishaps that made it shakey a little a bit...and it is also a bit of a transition time for la liga... I don't know who'll go thru between Chelsea and Liverpool.... but those two have a crazy rivalry that the game should be interesting enough. As for AC I am hopeful they can make it through to the final and raise the trophy. I just regret they can't field ronaldo in the CL games...that would have been a major advantage.

Back
Top Bottom