What's new

Favorite Japanese singer or group?

goldkear

後輩
4 Apr 2003
hi, what is your fave group/singer/song(s)

i like evolution by ayumi hamasaki and sobakasu, the theme song from rurouni kenshin

Hrrm.. as far as J-pop goes, I really dig Psy.S. A friend of mine sent me a bunch of mp3s a few months back and now I have to find some albums... :)

I also like the sound that Balzac has. It's like a recreation of The Misfits... but in a more positive manner than the 90's `Fits.. :eek:

Last edited:
X-Japan and all spin-offs are my all time favorites.

I also like any Kenichi Asai projects (Blankey Jet City, Sherbets, Jude).

i love the mad capsule markets! i have 4 of their albums and i got to see them last saturday on the final date of their UK tour! it was so good, kyono and toru both waved at me :)

shiina ringo - too many to list
l'arc~en~ciel - driver's high

I also really like:
SPITZ - unmei no hito
cruel angel's thesis - op for evengelion (old school! haha)

I like L'Arc-en-Ciel best! Also Glay, Utada Hikaru, Move, Emiko Shiratori. Hyde is so Cool! & Tetsu69 too.
😍

l\'arc-en-ciel.jpg

Originally posted by Sakura
I like L'Arc-en-Ciel best! Also Glay, Utada Hikaru, Move, Emiko Shiratori. Hyde is so Cool! & Tetsu69 too.
😍
yeah..hyde is so cool~ :D gackt is da best~~ 😍

Siam Shade...
The guitars ... the guitars... arrgh o_O;;

Though I myself prefer playing stuff like Pierrot, Luna Sea or Fake? ...speaking...Alternative Rock. ^^;;;

Hm...I'll have to say Ayumi Hamasaki, Dir en grey, Do As Infinity, Gackt, L'Arc~en~Ciel, T.M. Revolution, hitomi, ZARD, Two-Mix, and Hikaru Utada. *starts dancing to "Rhythm Generation(Red Monster Mix)" by Two-Mix*

My favorite is Gackt, cause he got such a pretty face and a lovely voice. My favorite songs are Vanilla, U+K, Story, Kimi No Tame Ni Dekiru Koto.

my favorite band would have to be The Pillows and my favorite singer would have to be Sakamoto Maaya. i lust love the rock-punk sound of The Pillows and Sakamoto Maaya can hit almost any note

My favourite right now is Do As Infinity:) , but I first heard their music through Inuyasha:clap: ...because it was the theme song..but they are very good in my opinion. Can anyone tell me if they are a popular group in Japan at the moment?;)

My absolute favorite band is Malice Mizer. Beast of Blood, Illuminati, S-Conscious, and Mayonaka ni Kawashita Yakusoku are some of my favorite songs of theirs.

ayumi hamasaki- powder snow, hanabi, ourselves

kana- chimame, kuuchuu buranko, momo

morning musme: as for one day, hyokkori hyoutanjima, te peace

~kisu

Originally posted by Saiyuki
my favorite band would have to be The Pillows and my favorite singer would have to be Sakamoto Maaya. i lust love the rock-punk sound of The Pillows and Sakamoto Maaya can hit almost any note

Oh yeah, Pillows is my favorite band too. I also like the brilliant green. Can anybody recommend bands that are like these two, so I can download? Thanks.

I like Gackt, L'Arc~en~Ciel, GLAY, and hide the most. All of them have so many great songs. It's just too hard to pick favorites.

But I'll try:

Gackt - Papa lapped a pap lopped and Missing
Laruku - Niji and STAY AWAY
GLAY - Aitai Kimochi and Itsuka
hide - MISERY and Pink Spider

So that means you bought the Lu:na/Oasis single, right? I mean, it's your two favorite songs by Gackt with instrumentals for each all on one CD. I would buy it, so of course I did. Gackt totally ROCKS!👏

My fave band WAS D+Shade, but they broke up in 2000 so that was quite a while ago. :(

I also like Lastier, but I don't know if they've disbanded or what So now my fav bands now are DeG and Pierrot 😄

But Mr. Children is pretty cool too and is pretty popular as well (the song Hero was in a commercial) (oh, and btw, it's the name of a band not an artist :p )

someone talk about kana's chimame, it's giving me a headache every time i'm listening to it xD i wonder how something so beautiful like kana can have so awful voice.. well, someone likes and another doesn't.

right now i think that maybe these are good;
kagerou - yubikiri
lareine - fuyu tokyo
hide - rocket dive
dir en grey - garden

but hey, ask tomorrow again. i bet you will get different answers^^''

I really like Ayumi Hamasaki, Morning Musume (as childish as they are), and Utada Hikaru. I haven't heard anything of Gackt's yet.. any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom