What's new

Extortion Attempt

rome2020

Registered
18 Oct 2020
hello everyone, I have an issue with a certain Japanese car exporter company. I made a purchase of a vehicle from that company, after paying for the vehicle in full I inquired about the documents and I was told that I have to pay an additional $600, purchase another vehicle, or forfeit the vehicle that has already been paid. The company insists that it will cost $600 for me to receive the documents. Is this an extortion attempt?

hello everyone, I have an issue with a certain Japanese car exporter company. I made a purchase of a vehicle from that company, after paying for the vehicle in full I inquired about the documents and I was told that I have to pay an additional $600, purchase another vehicle, or forfeit the vehicle that has already been paid. The company insists that it will cost $600 for me to receive the documents. Is this an extortion attempt?
Are you sure it's a Japanese company? Many illegitimate companies pretend they are in Japan when they are really not. Here's one example.

Car Hub Japan Co. Ltd, Address ; Oak Minami Azabu Building 3F, 3-19-23 Minami
Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Phone +81 3 4540 8423 www.carhubjapan.com

This is the company that is trying an extortion attempt.

I wouldn't do business with this company. Their About page says nothing about the company or who runs it or their business model. No corporate address or direct phone number. The registered address maps to a small apartment. It could be an office but most likely somebody's residence. Here's what it looks like:
1603038377448.png

And all the reviews here either look like aggrieved customers or suspiciously positive.

They were established quite a long time ago. Their previous address was in a nice office building but three years ago it changed to this. So maybe ownership and business model changed?

But in your case the question is, do you give them more money and hope they aren't totally fraudulent or not. Sorry I don't know.

actually the vehicle has already been paid for in full, including shipping, documentation and inspection. Then someone from the head office called and said i have to send $600 U.S to receive the documents, or purchase another vehicle then i wouldn't have to pay the money.

actually the vehicle has already been paid for in full, including shipping, documentation and inspection. Then someone from the head office called and said i have to send $600 U.S to receive the documents, or purchase another vehicle then i wouldn't have to pay the money.
If you forfeit the vehicle will you get your money back? Or did they say they will keep your money? If so that sounds very suspicious.
If you send the $600 it might be ok. But I don't know...

the vehicle has been paid for in full. there is no money owed to them, they are trying to extort me out of $600

I prefer to buy a Benz. Of course I haven't any money now, but I hope someday I have enough money to purchase one.

mercedes-gle-class-by-topcar.jpg

Of course it is a little old, nonetheless is nice in my look! I especially love the seats of Benz

Excuse me if I commented out of the topic, I just expressed my love to Benz :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom