What's new

DRIFT 'again'

drfta86

後輩
1 Nov 2004
hey all

since i was a bit late to join the last disussion on driftn, i thought i would start another!

ive been in japan for the last few months and was wondering if there is anyone on the forums that drifts in japan?? id love to meet up! 👍

heres a pic of my hachi:D

note my bozozoku plate :p

Hardcore.

I went drifting a few times whilst I was over in Tokyo, S15. But im in England now, so no help at all, sorry :p

You 86 looks nice dude, any more pics / info.

more pics

its still 4AG :D just lots a mods to get it up around 190ps
everything is set up for slidn on the track, but is still rego'd

heres a couple of actions shot from comps :D:D

Attachments

• IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 80
  • P9041060_Large.jpg
    P9041060_Large.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 103
  • P9040992_Small.jpg
    P9040992_Small.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
The taped 86 on the headlight is a bit ghetto though, lol!

you're required to tape any and all lights on the exterior of your car when you're on the track.

i don't have an international license or a car over here but i go to time trial events with a couple of co-workers once a month or so to Nikko Circuit in Utsunomiya.

nah, they are based in the states mostly i believe, have used some off their very handy tech links but ;)

lyfreak said:
i want to learn to drift. is there any school or website that teaches drifting?
I want to learn too! I'm a pretty hardcore car fan and I am dying to get my own, but I still have to get my permit. I get a pretty serious kick out of shocking guys who think I know nothing about cars because I'm a girl. Once, I went on a tangent about engine accents and suspension affecting cornering, and my guy buddies were just staring at me as if I just spoke Martian. That was a proud moment.

Anyway, to stick to the topic, I have not found a website yet (not that I really looked), but I can give some tips.
-If you want to take a corner at a high speed, you are better off turning from the outside to the inside of the curve. This gives you time to recover your car if you screw it up.
-If driving a stick:Try gear shifting one down right before the curve, then, while drifting, shift back up and accelerate. This is my fav because its like a modified power slide gone drift mode.
-This should have been the first tip: Modify and damn near perfect your suspension on your car. Better suspension means better cornering.

Good luck! Also, you might want to consult Drfta and the other guys (or girls if any) since they have a license,car, and a helluva lot more experience than me

well i think thats andrew or andy's ae86 anyway i think ur on the initial drift web site/ secretdrift.com

yea dude i think osaka is big on street drifting

Well I couldn believe theres a Drift thread here. Sorry for bumping in so late XD. Well, I uses a K-Car to drift. Those car are design to be at most 700KG. Its much more easier to create an Oversteer to lead to drift. Well, most of the techniques I have been researching and learnt from Tsuchiya Keiichi's Drift Bible. By the way, I dont really know how to deal with an MR Drivetrain. Thats err, one of the way to learn drifting. Currently using a FF K-Car and FR. If you are staying in Malaysia. I have found several area can be used as a Drift Practice Track. Well, if youre in Penang, Malaysia. You could practically utilize the Batu Kawan race track. If in KL, I would prefer to be using the Sepang Circuit.

One more hint.
Beginner of Drifting, dont ever try to Drift with a K-Car that weigh less then 700KG with modification on the engines. For example, using a Turbocharged engine. Prefably using a NA (Normal Aspirated) engine. That should do the trick.

Last edited:
Well, I actually firstly use FF to drift XD. I am now still sticking to it. So far, I compare many cars, the hardest to drift is still a FF compare to 4WD. But 4WD with traction control is way harder. If you like a easy starting drift, choose a FR. Maybe a Silvia, AE86 or 85 or RX-7. I would choose RX-7 because of its weight and power. Its very easy to oversteer.

I agree on your point to dan_j. Normal Aspirated FF Car is much more cheaper XD. Plus you can get a replacement part or repair if you started drifting and bang onto something. XD.

FF is not drifting
i dont care what arguments you have
FF is in no way drifting
its sliding with an ebrake

ill add more to this thread later when i can post external links

Back
Top Bottom