What's new

Dream Come True

Amber7246

後輩
10 Aug 2017
Hey All Was wondering how I can become a policeman in Japan. :)
Still in school yet but as soon as I graduate I would love to come move out to Japan and do my university schooling out in japan then become a police officer.
I'm am working on my Japanese yet but I would love to get much better at speaking it with help.

Thank you Mike, that's the thread I was trying to find; didn't know the title and search was burying it deep in the results

Thank you Mike, that's the thread I was trying to find; didn't know the title and search was burying it deep in the results

It took me several different queries to find it....and I'm the one who wrote it!

The reasons it is pretty much a mathematical impossibility are outlined in the post linked:

becoming a police officer in japan
Read it and thanks but it is always worth a shot you see I'm not one to give up to me nothing is impossible even tho there are a lot of impossible things in life to other people. As I always say. "Never give up or you'll never get anywhere." But Thank-you anyway. :)

Just wondering ? Do they have Explorer Scouts in Canada? Here in the US , many of the police and sheriff departments have programs for young people to learn about police work. It's a great way to get started learning about it all. Many colleges now have 2 and 4 year programs on law enforcement . I went to college for 2 years for law enforcement technology and it was a great way to learn. 1974.jpg A picture of me in 1974.

Read it and thanks but it is always worth a shot you see I'm not one to give up to me nothing is impossible

Could you give me a brief outline of your plan to overcome the obstacles in the path to your goal?

Just wondering ? Do they have Explorer Scouts in Canada? Here in the US , many of the police and sheriff departments have programs for young people to learn about police work. It's a great way to get started learning about it all. Many colleges now have 2 and 4 year programs on law enforcement . I went to college for 2 years for law enforcement technology and it was a great way to learn. View attachment 25540 A picture of me in 1974.
I'd think they'd have explorer scouts here in Canada but to be honest I'm not entirely sure myself. But yea I do agree I'd think that being with a Explorer scout group would be great learning experience.

RCMP.jpg I think the RCMP have one of the best uniforms in the world of law enforcement. I don't think you could find a finer group to join when you get older.

Could you give me a brief outline of your plan to overcome the obstacles in the path to your goal?
I am hoping to finish my High School Years out here in Canada. Once I've finished My last 2 years here in Canada I am hoping to be able to move to Japan and take my University out in Japan. And If I can move to Japan for my University I would like to take a law course and whatever else is needed for being a Police officer and graduate University and hopefully get a job as a police officer. I know that it may not be a very good plan to some people even me but it is a plan. :)

You've said that you aren't sure, so the question remains the giant elephant in the room: Why do you want to become a police officer in Japan? What image do you have of the kind of life and work they do that you would want to go through all that trouble for? Other than perhaps a cursory google search and asking here, What research have you done on the subject? If you aren't able to look up that information, in Japanese, you're probably already too far behind to ever catch up to the point you'd need to pass the training and tests and the rigors and interactions of day-to-day life in Japan as a police officer.

I am hoping to finish my High School Years out here in Canada. Once I've finished My last 2 years here in Canada I am hoping to be able to move to Japan and take my University out in Japan. And If I can move to Japan for my University I would like to take a law course and whatever else is needed for being a Police officer and graduate University and hopefully get a job as a police officer. I know that it may not be a very good plan to some people even me but it is a plan. 🙂:

It's no kind of plan at all.

How is your Japanese?

You've said that you aren't sure, so the question remains the giant elephant in the room: Why do you want to become a police officer in Japan? What image do you have of the kind of life and work they do that you would want to go through all that trouble for? Other than perhaps a cursory google search and asking here, What research have you done on the subject? If you aren't able to look up that information, in Japanese, you're probably already too far behind to ever catch up to the point you'd need to pass the training and tests and the rigors and interactions of day-to-day life in Japan as a police officer.
I agree with what you are saying. Sure it might be impossible to most people for me to do. But I never want to loose my hopes. I never want to give up on trying. And To answer Why I want to become a police officer in Japan is because it's just been a dream of mine that will be crushed if I don't try. You should always try then never try. You'll never get anywhere if you don't try. And I would love to live out my dream but Apparently its too impossible to do. So. I guess it will be forever more a dream. Just a dream. :)

Guess my dream will forever more remain a dream. 🙂:
Well if that's the way you approach it then certainly it will. If this is a serious dream of yours you have to put in serious effort with a well thought out plan. I'm not sure about Japan but often in my country the United States employers will overlook certain things out of your control if they see determination and a willingness to work your butt off. Is it possible some police station somewhere in Japan would make an exception? Who knows maybe, I'm not aware how strict it is there in regards to that but you never know if you don't try or inquire. And it certainly will remain a dream if you don't know Japanese. I don't think you ever did answer how much Japanese you know, because I'm sure that's going to be a huge consideration no matter anything else.

Well if that's the way you approach it then certainly it will. If this is a serious dream of yours you have to put in serious effort with a well thought out plan. I'm not sure about Japan but often in my country the United States employers will overlook certain things out of your control if they see determination and a willingness to work your butt off. Is it possible some police station somewhere in Japan would make an exception? Who knows maybe, I'm not aware how strict it is there in regards to that but you never know if you don't try or inquire. And it certainly will remain a dream if you don't know Japanese. I don't think you ever did answer how much Japanese you know, because I'm sure that's going to be a huge consideration no matter anything else.
I've been learning a lot of Languages one of the Languages being Japanese. I am learning Japanese through self taught schooling. So I guess I wont be going so far unless I get some tutoring in Japanese. Sorry for not actually answering the question. But Yea I am willing to do whatever it takes to get into a Police station in Japan and become a police officer.

I would suggest that if you are indeed serious then you need to concentrate ALL the time you have for foreign language learning exclusively on Japanese.

We have a Japanese learning section, which I encourage you to make use of.

I would suggest that if you are indeed serious then you need to concentrate ALL the time you have for foreign language learning exclusively on Japanese.

We have a Japanese learning section, which I encourage you to make use of.
Thank you so very much. :) I will.

Back
Top Bottom