What's new

Do you think you were Japanese in a past life?

Asherah

後輩
30 Apr 2005
For all of us that are enamoured with all things Japanese, do you think you were Japanese in a past life, and if so which era would you live in and who would you be?

If you are enamored with all things Japanese, I'd say there's a pretty strong chance you were not Japanese in a past life. And may not even have a life this time around, either.

mikecash said:
If you are enamored with all things Japanese, I'd say there's a pretty strong chance you were not Japanese in a past life. And may not even have a life this time around, either.
:LOL: Well put, well put.

I've been told by some people that they think that perhaps I was Japanese in a past life, merely because of my interest in the country - I assume their thought process goes something like this:' That's gotta be the only rational reason for liking Japan; I mean, seriously, who likes Japan unless they're Japanese?" That's the sort of mentality I've come across.
The ones that aren't prone to spiritual explanations just assume that I'm an otaku; and they tell me so, albeit subtly and snidely so.

that would be really awesome if I was, but supposedly I was an Australian zoo-keeper chick :eek:

If there are such things as past lives, etc.... i was probably a bug and squashed within the first few days of my life.

It depends on how you feel about Japan. If you are interested in the history, want to learn the language fluently feel a sort of brotherhood with the people and would really die for Japan. Maybe you are.. but to be fully obessesed in the Manga part or Cosplay things for example I would say you just have an obsession that has nothing to do with being Japanese itself. Being Japanese means having the soul of honour, filial piety, unwaivering loyalty to Japan and upholding the history. And also picturing yourself as an average Japanese man or woman. Would you be comfortable with it?

I believe in past lives... and yes maybe I was Japanese. Many people who know me well ask me about my behaviour and one asked "you know you are really Japanese!, its very strange" this person didn't know I was even interested in Japan. I do certain things while not conscious like bowing my head slightly at people and using overly polite language and absolute respect of the elderly. I don't have an interest in Manga, or the emo type part of the culture but I have strong connections with Japanese history and traditional culture... especially World War II and after that with Japanese politics. Usually the periods between 1920s-1990s.

I think the Japanese language is a source of pride that should be upheld at all costs. From a young age I always felt more connected with Japan... (I come from a real Aussie family by the way who really hated Japan for World War II). But I have always felt loyalty to the Japanese Imperial Forces rather than Allies. Don't get me started on how I feel about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

So you can judge yourself. As I said past lives cant be proven scientifically but this is my beliefs.

It depends on how you feel about Japan. If you are interested in the history, want to learn the language fluently feel a sort of brotherhood with the people and would really die for Japan. Maybe you are.. but to be fully obessesed in the Manga part or Cosplay things for example I would say you just have an obsession that has nothing to do with being Japanese itself. Being Japanese means having the soul of honour, filial piety, unwaivering loyalty to Japan and upholding the history. And also picturing yourself as an average Japanese man or woman. Would you be comfortable with it?

I believe in past lives... and yes maybe I was Japanese. Many people who know me well ask me about my behaviour and one asked "you know you are really Japanese!, its very strange" this person didn't know I was even interested in Japan. I do certain things while not conscious like bowing my head slightly at people and using overly polite language and absolute respect of the elderly. I don't have an interest in Manga, or the emo type part of the culture but I have strong connections with Japanese history and traditional culture... especially World War II and after that with Japanese politics. Usually the periods between 1920s-1990s.

I think the Japanese language is a source of pride that should be upheld at all costs. From a young age I always felt more connected with Japan... (I come from a real Aussie family by the way who really hated Japan for World War II). But I have always felt loyalty to the Japanese Imperial Forces rather than Allies. Don't get me started on how I feel about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

So you can judge yourself. As I said past lives cant be proven scientifically but this is my beliefs.

Welcome to JREF.

Our Forum Rules strongly discourage necroposting, so please refrain in the future. Since you were Japanese in a past life I'm sure you'll understand the importance of following rules.

Its good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks that I was at least asian in the past life :D (since I'm the only one in my family with this interest), but honestly I believe that this is just a desire to understand and surprise for being able to interact with others cultures rather than a life cyclical belief.

Wish I had been Japanese , but my dreams tell me I was a gunsmith in the old west who helped the sheriff shoot bad guys. Addicted to guns ever since.

If you've never been to Japan for any length of time, then it's silly IMO to even hold ideas like being a Japanese in a past life. People who have those views IMO are merely enamored over stuff they've read or vids they've seen and have not had the experience needed to show them what life here is really like. You might think certain aspects of your personality match with what you've read about the culture here, but that's really about as far as it goes.

I'm not trying to be cruel, just realistic.

If you've never been to Japan for any length of time, then it's silly IMO to even hold ideas like being a Japanese in a past life. People who have those views IMO are merely enamored over stuff they've read or vids they've seen and have not had the experience needed to show them what life here is really like. You might think certain aspects of your personality match with what you've read about the culture here, but that's really about as far as it goes.

I'm not trying to be cruel, just realistic.

If we get really realistic and consider the relative numbers and types of life forms on the planet, then we probably spent the vast bulk of any past lives as plankton, insects, or bacteria. Funny how nobody ever waxes nostalgic over those far more likely and far more plausible incarnations, isn't it?

Ah, to be a mantis again. That was the life! Until my girlfriend ate me while we were making sweet, sweet bug love... That was a bit of a downer, but otherwise what a great incarnation!

If we get really realistic and consider the relative numbers and types of life forms on the planet, then we probably spent the vast bulk of any past lives as plankton, insects, or bacteria. Funny how nobody ever waxes nostalgic over those far more likely and far more plausible incarnations, isn't it?

Yeah, I hear some claim they were a wolf or tiger in their past life...no one was ever a dug beetle or a mushroom. lol

to be honest. yes i believe full heartedly in past lives and that it can effect your personality when your young and help you grow into who you are when your older. i myself do indeed thing i was Japanese in a past life for many reasons. for one, when i was younger i could speak and wright not perfect but decent Japanese with the only thing i knew about japan was from maybe just a little bit of anime my dad watches. i even sung with Japanese music and was really into older Japanese songs from a very young age. for what times would say around the bombing of hiroshima and nagasaki. theres reasons for this as well for one im afraid of big flashes of light and big loud noises. like so afraid i can start crying. i have no idea why but i just cant take it. then theres the fact of me and my eye sight not only cant i see perfectly at all but i have a huge sensitivity to light. most people have at least a little but mine it extreme. to the point were when i go outside i need and i mean NEED to use sunglasses. now i have visited and even lived in japan for a couple months after all this and next year i plan on going back to japan cause i feel much more safer, closer, and happy there. it feels much more like home than anywhere else has ever felt.

For all of us that are enamoured with all things Japanese, do you think you were Japanese in a past life, and if so which era would you live in and who would you be?
i think i been both girls and boys and prolly gay or crossdresser often,

wog.jpg I think I might have dated her?

Back
Top Bottom