What's new

Design, kernel upgrade

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
14 Mar 2002
Tonight we experienced 45 mins of downtime due to a kernel upgrade. I apologize for the inconvenience.

As you can see I've finally tackled the process of redesigning the forum. There are still some minor things to do, but basic functionality is given. If you encounter any errors or have any suggestions, please post them here.

Hmm... I kinda miss the colored frame, background, whatever you call it. Site looks nice for sure, just seems to be a lot of excess "white" but then again maybe it's just me and my penchant for flashy things. At any rate, looks good.

Haivart, Gus, thanks for your feedback! I always thought the orange background looked so "un-Japanese". On the technical side, growing numbers of visitors require me to streamline the site a bit by cutting down on images and other fancy stuff. If this process increases readability, the better!

:)

I've just noticed something, although i'm not sure if it's just me or across the board--it seems that the smilies aren't quite registering whenever I click on one to try and use in a post. Rather, I just get bumped back to the top of the screen. Other than that, everything seems to be working great.

*edits*
p.s. Lemme know if you guys think my sig is too long heh. Just trying to use up some of that excess space without being too gaudy 8-p

Also, i've noticed the headers for each category in the FAQ section are extremely hard to read (black text on a deep blue background). Then again, it is 5am here so maybe it's just my eyes trying to tell me to go to bed 8-p

Last edited:
It seems you even sleep less than me, Gus. Lol, your sig is, well... outstanding. Thanks for letting me know about the smilie issue, I'll check that. As for the FAQ and other sections, I'll tackle that later today.

I am glad you like it.

Apart from the kernel upgrade we experienced some server issues yesterday and today, causing a couple of outages. I hope that these problems have been solved. Again, sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom