Country mouse off to the big city

tomoni

Sempai
Donor
15 Apr 2014
Hello everyone:

The title says it all, "Country mouse off to the big city"

haha

Anyway, I am flying into Narita late tonight (terminal 3) and will need to get down to Suginami City ( sort of Shinjuku area). I really should have checked this before I bought my ticket- dummy!! - but options late at night are terrible and I will likely be catching the last train. Anyway, there are no options except the Skyliner, Yamanote Line, Chūō-Sōbu Line (Local) which is fine (not really-haha).

My question is: Is there a "universal" train app (I have heard Suika is good) so I do not need to bother with coins/ticket....

Thanks for your suggestions big city mice!!!

Cheers

I'm not familiar with the app as I always use a card. It's also possible the app/card you use in kansai or wherever could work there too. Maybe?

I'm not familiar with the app as I always use a card. It's also possible the app/card you use in kansai or wherever could work there too. Maybe?

haha

"or wherever" - no way, country mouse -haha Inaka-mon!

cheers

I was under the impression that all the public transportation cards/apps were pretty much universal these days unless the station didn't even have a digital/IC card reader at all, but then again, I'm not sure how much of a "country mouse" you are. ;)

Anyhow, I'm not sure where you'll be in Suginami, but especially if it's the Ogikubo/Nishi-Ogikubo area, I'm pretty much right next door in Kichijoji. If you need any help or advice please don't hesitate to DM me! I'd be happy to help.

Thanks. That is a kind offer.

I think I will be ok. Actually I am fairly competent (though I live in the country-haha)

Mostly I fly through Tokyo rather than visit. I think I have only been in Tokyo once in the past 10 years, but through Haneda a couple of times a year.

Thanks for the kind offer.

Does your local eki still use the paper tickets with the eki-in clipping them with his clipper?

Haha.

No there is a card, but I drive. It only works in the local line.

But I am bopping around Tokyo now on Suika.

Make the sprint from terminal 3 to the train station in 6 minutes and jumped on the train and the doors were literally closing on my butt. Without Suika, I would have made it.

Today I have successfully completed commuting to two meetings and I'm on my way to my third.

So thanks to Jref I survive!!!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom